AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Welcome Cherub Enginerd
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-08-07 02:29 PM EDT (US)   
I am very happy to announce that Enginerd accepted the position as HG Cherub! He has been mentioned several times in emails and my own staff also highly recommends his appointment. Not to mention that I was very impressed by his ideas, sense of humor, and motivation.

His duties (for now) will mostly focus on AoW1. Hopefully we'll see some news-posts soon and perhaps even more... he sounds very ambitious!

Please, a big welcome to your new AoW1 Cherub...

Cherub Enginerd

~ Swolte

(Color/powers, etc, will appear soon. Takes a little time to grow wings...)

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 07-08-07 03:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 34  
All this time and I forgot about the veterans! Congrats, Enginerd!

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 07-08-07 03:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 34  
Did somebody call for a Forum Weapon?

image by Foamy aka SuicidalScotsman

Welcome to the team!

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum
posted 07-08-07 03:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 34  
Yes, I've tried to keep a low profile.... lot of good it did me

Thanks all! I'm looking forward to the fun we'll have!

(Wow... first post green )
posted 07-08-07 06:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 34  
Congrats Enginerd,
it's nice that AOW is gonna get some love again; I still play regularly.
Cheers
Seven
posted 07-08-07 07:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 34  
The citizens of Age of Wonders 1 Heaven spread the tales far and wide, ballads are sung and stories retold around many a campfire of the grand news.

May your reign be long and continously prosperous! Vive la Age of Wonders and Cherub Enginerd!

Vive la!
posted 07-09-07 01:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 34  
Hurrah!

Now, Enginerd... you're a part of The Cause right? Because if you're not... You do realize that we own the Valley and most of the rest of the world. Right? *taps his magic wand lightly and smiles*

Hehe Congrats.

Kheldar Blackmane:
I put the
"Romance" in "Necromancer"

Two Fundamental Truths about Friendship you shouldn't live without:
"Take care of my friends, I can handle my enemies."
"Treat your friends as if they will one day become your enemies."
posted 07-09-07 10:41 AM EDT (US)     7 / 34  
Cheers
posted 07-09-07 11:50 AM EDT (US)     8 / 34  
Congratulations Engineerd! Yes Swolte he will undoubtedly be a perfect AoWHeaven Angel. Long live our new Cherub
Now, Enginerd... you're a part of The Cause right? Because if you're not...
I can't stop the feeling that this is a quotation from somewhere, but I can't remember from what

[This message has been edited by Gandalf theWhite (edited 07-09-2007 @ 11:52 AM).]

posted 07-09-07 11:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 34  
Aloha,

please please I know this is not thread about Warlock rule-set but I have a serious problem and as I saw this topic is very fresh so I have to write it here:

In the past (about 5-6 years ago) I somewhere found AGE OF WONDERS DEMO, I very very liked it, but unfortunately its true I was too young to understand the whole game (like Alighment, troop upkeep and my english sucks more than today)

In last weeks I remembered on this nice game and I bought/downloaded it. I installed 1.36 patch and played, long long hours. So I want try AoE II, but when I installed it and played (about 10-15 minutes) it was horrible. I must say that AoE I is more more more finer (I mean the Graphic part, because i cant say more from 10-15 min. of playing) When I tried about 4-5 maps I must say that i dont like them at all. So I started to search for some nice on internet, i was succesfull (thanks to this really awesome site), but the greatest maps doesnt worked!!! So i somewhere read i have to have Warlock Rule-mode, so i downloaded it, extracted, installed AND THERE IS THE PROBLEM -

in the step 4

"4. RULES
The patch will now be compiled and ready.
However, the patch does not initialise Warlock's Rule-Set by default, everything will work exactly as it did prior to this installation.
To play with the new rules type:
Rules Warlock [enter]
Then start the game.
To go back to the original rules type:
Rules TS136 [enter]"

I extracted and installed The Warlock in Windows (XP, shame on Bill G. and me that i am using it) So I tried type "Rules Warlock" in the command line in my game directory but with no success (I must confess that my MS-DOS skills are nearly ZERO)

So... ???HOW CAN I WARLOCK RULE-SET MAKE DEFAULT IN XPs???

please answer me in this topic and about week admin can delete it. very thanks

or ICQ 339 373 375
posted 07-09-07 12:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 34  
Welcome Talic... (and thanks everyone else for the welcome)

Here's a link to an old post in the Technical Help section. You may find your answer in there. If you still have problems then start a new post in the technical help section and I'll walk you through the Warlocks install. I'm not smart enough yet to know how to move/delete posts so we'll just leave this one in here and start afresh over there.

Help! Can't Get Warlock's Rules to Work!

Okay - now back to my new fanclub
posted 07-09-07 01:29 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34  
I dont found here something like private message, so i will be very glad if you willtake my icq and write me, i will be much more quicklier than this + the links below in the link arent working
posted 07-09-07 01:55 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34  
Oh great! I didn't even think of it before, but now when I come to think of it, everything Enginerd has done for the community during all those years and is still doing, this was far better option than mine suggestion was (sorry Strauss ).
Most sincere congratulations Enginerd, I am sure and hope that the new duties will be challenging for you than the players of AoW1 ever were .

Great work for getting this all through Swolte, you have done a huge favor for AoW1 community.
We shall never forget this favor (or at least I shall try not to).

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Frozen Warrior-/X\(++)/X\-
posted 07-09-07 03:31 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34  
Coming out of the woodwork to say Huzzah! Congratulations.
posted 07-09-07 03:53 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34  
hi all,

I know i am very boring with this..

I HAVE 1.36 PATCH, WARLOCK PATCHED

and anyway i CAN NOT run Warlock because i have XPs (it hasnt MS-DOS) only command line..
and if i enter here C:\Program Files\Age of Wonders\RULES2.BAT than it say some error

so... how i switch between Aoe SM and AoE Warlock???

everytime you post a post here (and this wouldnt be answer on this/answered) GOD kills a kitten :P
posted 07-09-07 04:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 34  
@Talic

I don't have XP installed, nor have I used Rules2 for a long time (I have a later, more general switcher) but I do run under Win2K. Try renaming Rules.bat to Rules2.cmd. Then enter "Rules2 INSTALL" and see if that works. .cmd is the correct extension for the Win2K / WinXP protected mode command interpretter. .BAT as you're aware is/was the extension for the Real Mode MS-Dos command interpreter.

Also, this forum is for AoW, specifically AoW1. Warlocks is a mod of that title. AoE is "Age of Empires" - an entirely unrelated series, though represented also in the HeavenGames system of sites. There is no "AoE SM" and AoW/SM is a different game in the AoW series. You cannot "switch" between it and Warlocks AoW1 mod.

And lastly, as Enginerd asked, this discussion really should be continued in the AoW1 Technical Help Forum, or at least another thread, and not in this one.

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum

[This message has been edited by ChowGuy (edited 07-09-2007 @ 04:40 PM).]

posted 07-09-07 05:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34  
Indeed it should be!

Good to see some old/new/forgotten names bouncing around in this thread...

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 07-09-07 07:04 PM EDT (US)     17 / 34  
Indeed, so, Cherub Enginerd, or C.E now, What's the latest news or thing in the planning? We're eager to hear your plans!
posted 07-09-07 07:27 PM EDT (US)     18 / 34  
First project will be a mapmaking contest.... details coming soon... very soon...
posted 07-09-07 08:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 34  
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

First in line right here!

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 07-09-07 09:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 34  
Congrats Enginerd! (I'm allowed to make your name green right? Looks cool :P) I only just joined and already you've helped me out a few times so yah, you definitaly deserved the promotion

And yah, definitaly count me in on that contest!

~| Nysyarc |~

[This message has been edited by Nysyarc (edited 07-09-2007 @ 09:28 PM).]

posted 07-10-07 01:32 AM EDT (US)     21 / 34  
Congratulations, Enginerd!!
posted 07-10-07 01:36 AM EDT (US)     22 / 34  
Congratulations Enginerd.

I got your comments on my AoW SM map, thanks, but I was distracted from finishing the map, I hope to get back to it soon.
Coming out of the woodwork to say Huzzah! Congratulations.
Shock and surprise! How have you been?

[This message has been edited by Alex Mars (edited 07-10-2007 @ 01:37 AM).]

posted 07-10-07 02:04 AM EDT (US)     23 / 34  
XD I knew there was something fishy about him coming from the woodwork ;D

But mapmaking contest! Whew! That't be great for promotion around here! Count me in to playtest!
posted 07-10-07 08:08 AM EDT (US)     24 / 34  
Parabéns (Congratulations) Enginerd! E fique firme rapaz (Stay strong lad)

Least I remember you studied Portuguese... hope I've not mistaken you with someone else! (couldn't find the thread where I remember you told me that same phrase, much to my shock - an American that knows Portuguese!)

Artist, Sorcerer, Monk and AoW Series fan
Proud citizen of BRASIL \o/ |o/ \o| \o/ |o| /o/ \o/
Blog with some art
www.the-battlefield.com ex-member with fond memories:Battlefield Player of the year 2003;Battlefield Winner of 4 Tourneys;Battlefield Winner of AoW league 2004
Proud owner of an AoW SM poster signed by Devs!
Please try the fantastic BNW Mod made by my friend Kirky Picardo! The best AoW:SM Mod!

[This message has been edited by Merkraad (edited 07-10-2007 @ 08:10 AM).]

posted 07-10-07 02:42 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34  
Would you looka that Enginerd! It seems your welcome thread is attracting more players to here as bees to honey! Count 'em yourself! Your like a living recruiting stand! ;D
posted 07-10-07 02:58 PM EDT (US)     26 / 34  
Congratulations Enginerd. Haven't seen your name popping up in the AoW:SM forumn as much lately and this may explain why. Good luck in your new duties and don't forget AoW:SM

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Download these maps I have made...
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 07-10-07 05:46 PM EDT (US)     27 / 34  
@ Merkraad - obrigado (thanks)

@ Fubarno - still suffering from the last beating I took at your hands

It's been such a fun week!
posted 07-10-07 06:07 PM EDT (US)     28 / 34  
Hi. Alex, fine, and you?

[This message has been edited by ffbj (edited 07-10-2007 @ 06:09 PM).]

posted 07-10-07 06:23 PM EDT (US)     29 / 34  
And each week will only keep getting better! The pre-week before the contest period starts is gonna be soon! Yeahooo! We all have something to look forward too! Yeeehaw!
posted 07-12-07 10:50 AM EDT (US)     30 / 34  
Hey Enginerd, congrats!!!!!!!!!!

-= Love heals all =-
The One and only NymphMaster!
Aow-SM Maps: The Titan Gate (4.9/5)
Aow-TWT Maps:Glass (4.6/5)
Got any questions/suggestions regarding my maps? Post them HERE
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies » Welcome Cherub Enginerd
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames