Please login or register

AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How to produce units in razed cities
posted 03-20-02 03:55 AM EDT (US)   
It may sound weird, but it actally is possible to produce units in razed cities. The only condition is that you have to own the city, so you have to start rebuilding the city. Now enter any city you already own and keep clicking on the "next city" button until you are inside the razed city. You will have the same options as in a normal city. However, I only tested producing units, so other actions like migration and building walls may not work.

edited:

Here is a short sum of all the replys:

You can also enter the razed cities by double clicking them. Producing units is the only thing worth doing because all your actions are erased when the city is rebuilt. Because of that you have to make sure the unit will be finished before the city is rebuilt (so it is useless to produce units in 1 hex cities).

If you capture an indepentent sphere node (life, death, fire, water, earth, air) you can enter it by double-clicking the event in the events list. It seems nodes were supposed to work like some kind of builders guild for elementals.

OK, now you don't have to read any of the replys.

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.

[This message has been edited by LordDragatus (edited 05-21-2002 @ 02:33 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-20-02 04:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
What!?!? That's the first time I've heard about this bug!

This could be useful to exploit! I've got to try that. Good catch, LordDragatus

posted 03-20-02 05:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
Great!

I've never noticed this....

*starting the game right away to see if it works*

/Eriksson
Life is nothing but a game
poe@telia.com
posted 03-20-02 05:35 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
Checked it out, works fine

You don't even have to go there through the "next city" button. You can just doubbleclick the city as usual...hm...strange I haven't noticed this before...or anyone else...if they haven't

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com

[This message has been edited by Eriksson (edited 03-20-2002 @ 05:40 AM).]

posted 03-20-02 10:10 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
I have... but I keep all my secrets secret.
posted 03-20-02 12:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
I have seen this before but never done some test to build something hm...... => low IQ like a goldfish.

I have done some test now and there are some small problems.
- If you build units and the production is finíshed at the same day as the town is rebuild, results in a new town and loss of the unit.
- Don´t try to build a wall, then the town is rebuild there will be no wall.

[This message has been edited by Gogge (edited 03-20-2002 @ 12:37 PM).]

posted 03-20-02 09:35 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
I have as well. However, the only time I really tried taking advatage of it was when I upgraded a holy guild to building wizards. BTW do not upgrage your city, guild, shipyard, or etc. because you loose all upgrades and walls on that city once it is rebuilt. However, if you begin rebuilding a city, the city does not reset its former upgrades, installs, or walls until finished rebuilding. Therefore if you were building great lvl 1-4 units and your enemy razed your city you could still build those units that you normally would have to upgrade and install all over again during that short period of time. Caution: Make sure that you can build that unit in the rebuild time before the city is rebuilt. Once that city is rebuilt everything that was being built is also erased.
posted 03-20-02 10:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
hmmmm....what version do you all have?
posted 03-20-02 10:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
Hmm cool one other thing I just found out is that you can go into power nodes.

Lord oƒ Maps
Download the latest Dark Lord Mod.
posted 03-21-02 00:15 AM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
what do u mean by that LordofMaps?
posted 03-21-02 08:04 AM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
Well once you taken over the node you want just goto the events bar and click on ware it says Node that you want to go into.

Lord oƒ Maps
Download the latest Dark Lord Mod.
posted 03-21-02 09:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
Oh, Generate Extra power to bad it has no effect

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 03-21-02 09:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
Oh...that trick. I found out about that one awhile ago. I thought it was cool to see the inside of the node, even though it has no effect on the nodes at all.
posted 03-22-02 03:12 AM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
How do you do that? Could someone explain a bit more please. I'm stupid.
posted 03-22-02 06:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
Basically, to do this trick all you have to do is have a razed city and a builder. Have the builder rebuild the city. You should see that the city will be built in some number of days. Now click on that razed city (as if you were accessing a city that wasn't razed and was under your control) that is being rebuilt and you will find to your amazement that the city is there like nothing happened. All the upgrades and installs are all there. You can build any unit that was installed. You can build anything you want. Warning: Just make sure the unit is built before the city is completed or you lose the chance to build that unit because the city is reset when finally rebuilt (all the upgrades, installs, walls, and the occupant race are changed---so only build a unit)(BTW if the unit you build is built on the same day the city is rebuilt you lose the unit). Hope this clears it up.
posted 03-22-02 07:27 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
i knew that...you can also access the city through the realm manager, going to the cities tab, and doubleclicking on the razed city.

| To[x]icity | Acolyte Studios |
"Great spirits have always suffered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
posted 03-23-02 09:25 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
Ok, but what about that power node thing?
posted 03-23-02 10:00 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
It can only be done with the "spherenodes" and then you just dobbleclick n it in the eventhistory when you have taken it. But as said before you can chose "generate extra mana" but it has no effect.

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 03-23-02 04:16 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
Ah! Cool! I love this hidden stuff...
posted 03-27-02 03:47 AM EDT (US)     19 / 24  
I assumed this was common knowledge. I noticed it long ago, and it's useful, but there are limitations.

When you start rebuilding, you can produce units up until one turn before the rebuild is complete. If you had a unit in production that would have been complete on the same turn as the rebuilding finishes, you lose the money but gain no unit.

Also, if the city's population was different than your own race when it was razed, the units you will produce during rebuilding will be of that race, but the city converts to your race when rebuilt. You lose all installs and upgrades that were done during rebuilding.

Another thing is that if a razed city is placed on a map with a certain upgrade level and it is rebuilt by a race other than the one its original population is set to, it reverts to upgrade level one. I noticed this in the Reign of Terror LotR map with Steward's Respite beneath Minas Tirith. It's a ruined 4-hex highman city which can be claimed by both halflings and highmen. If you rebuild it when playig highmen, you get a 4-hex level 2 upgraded city, but if you rebuild as halflings, you get a 4-hex city at level 1 upgrade. You do get a garrison of four highman archers, though, if you build them while the city is rising from the rubble.

What's the word on cities that were razed during the game and then rebuilt by a different race than the population? Do they revert to level 1 or do they keep the original upgrade level even with the new race?

Edi

posted 03-27-02 09:23 AM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
They revert to level 1.
posted 03-30-02 11:56 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
AH! AH! AH! AH!

Choo...

mmm...obserbative arbent be?

I habe thes cold...

*Smacks himself because he is such a moron not to notice.*

*Falls off chair*

*Ow.*

*Ow.*

*Ow.*

*Ow.*

*Ow.*

I squee'd like a fangirl when the Frostlings were announced for AoW3. True story.

[This message has been edited by Cynon (edited 03-30-2002 @ 11:59 PM).]

posted 03-31-02 01:20 AM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
I thought that frostlings were supposed to have "cold protection"!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!........

ok, ok that WAS a bad joke, sorry.

just had to let it go

posted 03-31-02 01:29 AM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
Hahahaha no.

Node thing...works!

(ha! ha! We are breaking into the game! Muhahahaha!!!)

Quoted from Some guy I met during my absence from HG:

You fail to understand being a total moron! Hahahahaha!

I squee'd like a fangirl when the Frostlings were announced for AoW3. True story.
posted 10-01-03 11:08 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
I must not be doing something right...I can't get 'inside' of the nodes...

I take a node, double click where it says 'Power Node Captured', and all it does is zoom in on the node...no going 'inside...'

Maybe I don't understand what an event map is? I'm thinking the thing in the bottom left where it says 'Day # dawns' ... 'Power Node Captured'...etc.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies » How to produce units in razed cities
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames