Please login or register

AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Wonders music cd
posted 11-27-01 11:02 AM EDT (US)   
Just a note: After converting to mp3 format you can burn it to a music cd format.

Did you know that the total play track time is over 2 hours including "In the company of Elves"?!?!? Amazing stuff, a true pity the original composer could not compose this time round.

Josh, Lennart, anyone, perhaps a quick 1 off song? An easter egg even?

Replies:
posted 11-27-01 08:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
Yes the music is quite good. Wonder how the music for AOW 2 would be? One thing that they can do is ad a CD with all the music sound tracks as a bonus CD or a part of a collerctor's game.

Favorite PC games: Master of Magic, Age of Empires series, Icewind Dale, Heroes of Might and Magic series, Kohan (both games), Disciples: Sacred Land, Magic the Gathering, Total Annihilation Kingdoms, Wizardís Crown (old game) and Age of Wonders.
Game just purchased: Illwinter's Dominions
Next game thinking of buying: RuneSword 2
posted 11-28-01 03:18 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
Off-topic?
posted 11-28-01 10:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
Well... telling everyone you burned 2 cd's filled with Age of Wonders music so you can listen to it on the go has hardly anything to do with AoW2 does it
posted 11-28-01 11:27 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
That's probably why it's being moved to the AOW1 forum.
posted 11-29-01 10:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
If it's been moved to the AoW General Discussions, wouldn't it now be on-topic, not off-topic?
posted 11-29-01 10:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
Lol, right, now it's back on-topic!
posted 11-29-01 05:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
Here is my question to the originator of this topic or anyone else that can provide specific directions

Where does one find the files/music in the AOW CD to convert the music files to WAV?

When I tried to explore the CD, I did not see any obvious folders that would have them Some zipped files exist, but when I tried to unzip them, I was unable to using WinZip. Please note that I am reffering to the legit CD not a copy and that I am unsure where the music actually is.

I heard the music through playing the game, but not as track.

If anyone can give me a walkthrouh and even supply me with a link to the tools to do this, it would be welcomed indeed.

Thanks.

Favorite PC games: Master of Magic, Age of Empires series, Icewind Dale, Heroes of Might and Magic series, Kohan (both games), Disciples: Sacred Land, Magic the Gathering, Total Annihilation Kingdoms, Wizardís Crown (old game) and Age of Wonders.
posted 11-29-01 06:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
The music files are found on the hard disk where you installed the game. Have a look in the thread JOSH! Question about music. in the AoW2 forum for instructions.
posted 11-29-01 06:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
Now let me think about this......so...if a mod posts a thread that is off-topic.....couldn't he end up having to ban himself from the forum.....for posting off-topic posts ??

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 11-29-01 06:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
Good enough...found what you were refering too in the site.

After work, I'll try this and burn the songs that I like on a CD.

Thank you.

posted 11-30-01 12:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
Posting off-topic posts is not bad per se, unless you're spamming or plugging a new weight loss program.

Up until a few months ago, we couldn't move entire threads to different forums. The label was helpful then, but the "off topic" label doesn't get used as much since we implemented the feature to move entire threads.

And if a mod ever happened to "go rogue" (which has happened in the past), well they just wouldn't be on staff anymore.

posted 11-30-01 12:36 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
Oh, and don't forget to download and add the song "In the Company of Elves"! It's the best AOW song IMO, and it was only included with the demo version.

You can get it from our Misc. Downloads section: http://aow.heavengames.com/downloads/misc.shtml

posted 12-28-01 08:15 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
Thanks for the link to "Company of Elves" music Angel Draco! I've downloaded it, but I disagree about it being the best track though. I still prefer "March of the Halflings" and "Clouds and Feuds" myself, to name a few.
Anyway, while installing it, I noticed in the Songs drawer two subdirectories: "Combat" and "Special"
Both of these contain songs that cannot be accessed in the Sound Options Playlist (You hear them automatically in Combat etc..). However, if you copy these songs and move them back out of those drawers, upto the songs directory, you will then be able to add them to the playlist!

In the Combat directory the songs are:
DEFEND.IT - (Defenders, 718kb)
OUTNUM.IT - (Outnumbered, 995kb)
RACES.IT - (Races at War, 818kb)
and in the Special Directory you will find:
Sunset.it - (Victory Sunset, 2160kb)

Keep War Virtual, or I'll come 'round and shoot you!
posted 01-27-02 09:57 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
Sorry if this doesn't seem pertainent to the topic, but I've been looking for Clouds and Feuds in MP3 format. You see, I had AOW, but the CD got destroyed after I'd uninstalled it for a period of time. I don't really want to shell out the forty or so bucks for it, and also, nearly no one sells it (but they do sell big game hunter 6) and I can't find that song anywhere. I've checked Audiogalaxy, Morpheus, and searched all over the net for it, and it's just not there. Do any of you know where I could get it? I love that song, and as many things of beauty are, it is hard to find.
Brodie Pomper
posted 01-27-02 11:13 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
well if you want I could upload the song to my web storage and give you the link to download it. And any others that you like. If you do not mind I will upload them in .IT format and not .MP3, so they will be smaller (I do not have that much web storage). However, you should be able to convert them to MP3 from Winamp anyway.

BTW if you want to buy Age of Wonders for a very cheap price go to Ebay and bid. Nobody seems to be buying the game, so you should be able to buy the game for under $10.00-20.00.

[This message has been edited by Tekk Zero (edited 01-27-2002 @ 11:17 PM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies » Age of Wonders music cd
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames