You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Marksmanship and lightning?
posted 10-22-01 10:03 AM EDT (US)   
Does Marksmanship affect the Lightning ranged attack? I wouldn't expect it to affect Call Flames. What about Death Bolts, Magic Bolts, Holy Bolts, etc?

If I wasn't lazy, I'd test all this out in the editor, wouldn't I?

Replies:
posted 10-22-01 10:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
I should affect ALL ranged attacks - magic or other...
posted 10-22-01 02:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
Yep. Marksmanship improves all ranged attacks. It might even improve some of those breath attacks you see in warlocks rules set, but I've not had those abilities frequently enough to notice in game play.
posted 10-22-01 02:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Marksmanship increase the damage on breath attacks aswell, including flame throwing which is like a beath attack but not the same as fire breath. Too bad marksmanship doesnt increase the damage done by spells though you'd think it would wouldnt you? least I did heh

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me

Into darkness, into night, amoungst the shadows we shall fight

posted 10-22-01 03:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
Then can I complain again about the Fast Combat AI?
We should have won that big battle in DMA03, Caitiff...
posted 10-23-01 00:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
We can always complain about fast combat AI. Of course, our key flaw in DMA 03 is that we should have waited until my hero was nearer to you and could stone skin your heroes and ent. I think it was mostly a lack of luck there, as your ent not only missed a lot, but didn't entangle that much when it did hit. Very annoying.
posted 10-23-01 05:33 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
I was AMAZED that you lost that big battle in DMA03, but I'm not complaining! It totally changed the course of the game, I had just sent Unicorn a message saying that we might as well resign, as you had such overwhelming forces. I couldn't believe it when three heroes and some heavy backup just keeled over and died. I had just thrown a free moving dragon ship with a giant and other units in it at your solo drow hero, and they died without any damage to your hero. Next go your entire force in the northern end of the tunnel was wiped out by a small elf force. Weird!

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 10-23-01 11:27 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
heh I know this is an odd question, Roger, and it should go under another post but I dont expect more then one replay so screw it I'm lazy but have you finished the map you were working awhile ago?

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me

Into darkness, into night, amoungst the shadows we shall fight

posted 10-23-01 11:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
Not yet Shadows Oasis, but I'll definitely be asking you to give it another try once it has progressed sufficiently, thanks for your interest

Does marksmanship actually increase the amount of damage done, or does it increase the probability of you doing some damage?

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 10-23-01 12:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
Both:
Mark I: + 1 attack
Mark II: + 1 damage
Mark III: + 1 attack
Mark IV: + 1 damage

So archery that normal has 4 attack and 2 damage, will have 6 attack and 4 damage with mark IV.

Kris

posted 10-24-01 09:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
Quoted from Kris:
So archery that normal has 4 attack and 2 damage, will have 6 attack and 4 damage with mark IV.

This might be restating the obvious, but Marksmanship also increases the attack and damage of each shot. In other words, both of the arrows that your Mark IV archer can fire every turn will have 6 attack and 4 damage. With Hurl Stones, Marksmanship really kills. Four stones every turn, with 5 attack and 3 damage each.

To my thinking, that makes Marksmanship even more valuable when the hero/unit has a ranged attack with a high rate of fire. Sure, it's nice to get +2/+2 to a Magic Bolt, but it's even nicer to get that same +2/+2 to all four attacks from Hurl Stones.

posted 10-25-01 03:33 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
It's been said before that hurl stones is the best ranged attack, then poison darts, then archery. Marksmanship makes the distinction even more marked. Pity you can't always get hurl stones for your hero, unless you are halflings.
posted 10-26-01 01:16 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
Unless you're the Halflings, you have to choose Hurl Stones when you customize your hero at the begining of the game, that's the only way you'll get it.

Hurl Stones rocks. no pun intended!

posted 12-08-11 09:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
Does dragon slaying have an weight on your ranged attack?
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies » Marksmanship and lightning?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames