Please login or register

AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Nymphs
posted 06-24-01 05:48 PM EDT (US)   
Ok, I give up. What on Earth is the point of them??

I never did like anyone who didn't have a temper. If you don't have a temper, you don't have any passion.
Replies:
posted 06-24-01 06:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Actually, they're better than you think. I used to hate nymphs, until I started seducing enemy heroes and level 3 and 4 units with them. They're cheap, so pump out a lot of them. Send 4-6 up against the unit you want to seduce along with your main army and there's a good chance you'll seduce the unit! My best score so far was an 8th level human hero!
posted 06-24-01 11:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
They can be quite good if you are lucky. My best catch was a level 30 orc hero when I was playing HoB II, talk about good luck. I was playing with elves then, but with bard skills I made even him smile.

- All you need is love -

The Wizards of Creation

posted 06-25-01 05:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Ah, ok then.

I dunno... men! Even orcs??????

I never did like anyone who didn't have a temper. If you don't have a temper, you don't have any passion.
posted 06-25-01 06:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
>>I dunno... men! Even orcs??????

Well, they're Nymphs. I never really heard about them being picky.

Dark Spider

posted 06-25-01 11:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
The nymphs may not be picky, but female heroes typically are, and can't be seduced. Although, this depends on the map. I think with custom made heroes, some map makers don't designate a gender. I'm pretty sure that I've had nymphs seduce female heroes in a few games, but not in others.
posted 07-03-01 08:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
Nymphs rock with Warlock Rules!! Seduce has Attack 7, even higher than Dominate, and on a level 1 unit.. Plus I like their 'sound effects'.

I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a serving man until the lightning falls.
posted 07-04-01 05:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
Well, my game arrived yesterday so I've started on the scenarios, and I now GET nymphs. Took my 2 little nymphs and managed to seduce a level 6 Orc hero, just after they declared war on me (nice of them, hey). So now I have an orc who has thus far taken out another 2 orc heroes for me (nice of HIM, hey!). Seeing as this was near the beginning of the game (my leader was at a level 7), I thought this was pretty good. Sure, his morale is "terrible" but never mind, thems the breaks.

posted 07-04-01 05:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
Heh, heh. Yeah one of my most "memorable" battles (in the sense I learned a lesson I've never forgotten from it) was one I never actually fought. Like you, back in the days I was playing the Demo to death, I could never figure out what good nymphs were. The few I picked up by buying cities I used as expendable scouts. Then one day Borak the Brute popped up out of nowhere wid a cuppla da boiz, and attacked two of them. Naturally, I figured they were goners so I went to FC and just hit close. Was amazed to find out I had won, and now owned Borak! I hadn't even known there was a "seduce" attack

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum
posted 07-05-01 01:46 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
Yeah, I'm now having MUCH fun running around seducing heroes I either cannot parley with or cannot afford. Some of them have even been reasonably happy... now THERE'S a GOOD nymph...

posted 07-05-01 11:22 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
lol....they should give the ice queen seduce...heh...she's a nymph too ya know.
posted 07-05-01 02:17 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
What? That cold hearted bitch? Nah...

- All you need is love -

The Wizards of Creation

posted 07-06-01 06:02 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
Had a funny thing happen today with my nymphs... I resurrected a hero from the dead who then (of course) decided he didn't want to join me, so I tactically attacked him with 6 nymphs. He spent 7 rounds running away, then finally tried to evade, at which point (on his turn), one of my nymphs hit him on the back of the head and that was that. I guess frustration got the better of her I've never seen anyone so determined to run away from 6 naked elves before!

posted 07-07-01 01:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
It must have been Sirdanc the Changed who you brought back!

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies » Nymphs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames