I have gathered together four of the best and the brightest. You will compete here in the new island paradise of Half Moon Falls. For a change of pace I have divided the candidates into two separate camps. Those with college degrees (The Evil Ones of Course) and those without (The Good Races). But you will not compete as teams. I will make this crystal clear; you may form alliances during the contest and even work together for common goals. But there will only be one Apprentice.
The goals of the contest are relatively straight forward:
1) Each starting position is a system of islands with various resourses and settlements already estabished. Locate those locals whom would trust you and estabish positive relations. Remove those who resist.
2) Four Priests inhabit each corner of the land. Two Priests of Fire and two Priests of Ice. Find the Priest nearest to you, It is doubtful that you can recruit him but each Priest will carry items of use.
3) Locate and develop the rapid transit system to develop your estates as quickly as possible.
4) Be the best. Become My Apprentice!!
Memo From The Development Committee of Half Moon Falls
To all would be Apprentices:
Severe restrictions have been placed upon the community of Half Moon Falls and it is imperative that all ordinances and bylaws be observed or your application shall be revoked.
1) Constuction of Unnatural Flying Vessels is prohibited, Only those flying vessels approved by bylaw (Air Galleys and Air Balloons) are approved for commercial use.
2) High level managers are strictly forbidden. The community prides itself on its humble relations with its citizens and expressly forbids promotion of management personell beyond the tenth level.
3) No Forbidden Magics allowed. Although it has come to the attention of the residents that Magics are used by management personell. Overt use of Forbidden Magic (Read the House rules) terrifies the inhabitants and lessons qualty of life for all.
4) Destruction of any portion of the rapid transit system is punishable by disqualification. The residents od Half Moon Falls pride themselves in their state-of-the-art rapid transit system and it is constructed for the enjoyment of all.
5) Mobile land transport vehicles are prohibited. Travel by horse or by foot but do not spoil the natural beauty of the area with land crawling transport ships.
6) Although the training of semi sentient creatures is allowed, abusing such creatures is punishable by law. Incarnates must not be forced to possess more than one unit per turn. These creatures deserve our respect and must not be subject to such abuse.
7) Management Leaders are not allowed to interact with their subordinate. Strict Union Rules shall be obseved and Leader Managers must remain off the work floor.
Note From Author:
This Map is designed as a Four Player Free For all map to be played 'Leaders Off'. You should do no customizing. Playable races are Goblin, Dark Elf, Elf, and Dwarf.
Many thanks to Thorongil for his extensive playtesting with me.
Play this with Leaders Off. Three versions of the map are included: standard, simplex and deluxe.
The deluxe version has depths and adds much to the story and enjoyment; the simplex version is restricted to surface only. While this isn't the most creative of maps (using symmetry to achieve balance, and reusing the "Apprentice" theme), it's still a lot of fun and great for PBEM.