A three player map created by me and my brothers, each of us created about one third of the map. Take on the role of leader of either the Frostlings, the Elves, or the Goblins in the Clash over this once peaceful land.
Suggested Map Settings:
- Exploring: On (There are some nice hidden gems in this map, and leaving the Fog of War off takes all the fun out of finding them.)
- Leaders: On
- Allied Victory: On or Off (I'd suggest off normally, but an alliance verses a stronger player could be fun)
-CPUs set to Emperor, allied victory off, leaders on, customize on, explore on.
-Played as Frostlings
1. This map was too large and spacious for my tastes to only have 2 opponents. It takes a long time to, explore, mobilize, and move stacks around. Perhaps each race should be given a low-level flyer to start, like a couple of eagles.
2. The balance is a bit off. I like the idea of giving a second start town to each race that is completely cut off from the leader. The Elves are given an Azrac town, that is surrounded by clouded desert which is full of nasty independents. The Goblins were given an Undead town that is devoid of economic expansion opportunities. The Frostlings are given a Human town (same alignment makes it easy to govern), that is close to a large HUMAN settlement that is littered with farms and a 4-hex town. This made it easy for the Frostlings to claim that area and boost their economy. There seem to be a lot of independent Human towns, which also aids Frostling expansion.
3. The Goblins are nestled in an interesting network of mountains, valleys, and tunnels. I think this feature adds to the map and rewards the Goblins for their cave-crawling abilities.