"Divide and Conquer" is a large, 4 player map. It features a battle between the "good" races, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Highmen.
||TS Standard Rules
- All 30 heroes are custom made
- Custom made items added to the original ones
- Dungeons, with up to 6 heroes that can be recruited through dungeons
- Powerful items placed in secret coves, a total of 16 custom items scattered on the map
- Strategical positions, you will get a chance to use all of the game's strategies on this map; you start off with concealed units, you get to use ships, flyers, spellcasters. You get to capture strategical buildings both on the surface and in the underground
- Different type of diplomacy; because you play against fellow "good" races, you will all start at peace. Relations may eventually take you to be at friendly relations with the evil races, while playing a "good" race.
- Detaliled terrain both on the surface and in the underground
- Altars, dungeons, monster caves, post signs, towers, tunneling, secret underground chambers to add more "flavour" to the map.
- Exploring: On or Off (playing it On adds to the fun of exploring the 2 large levels of twisted tunnels in the underground)
- Leaders: On or Off
- Customize Leaders: On or Off (feel free to change everything if you want, even the spheres, you can even go crazy and pick death spheres while playing a good race, you will most likely not run out of mana on this map)
- Allied Victory: On or Off (going to be interesting how you decide to play it)
"After the fall of the Elven Court, the Keepers began a furious battle to conquer all of the Cult of Storms owned territories.
Four keeper lords had arrived in this valley expecting fierce resistance from lingering orcs and dark elves. To their surprise, most of the so-called "evil" towns had declared independence and refused to fight under Miandor's banner, attempting to make peace with the great holy alliance. But the Keepers had something else in mind. United by their common hatred for all that is shadowy and unknown, they assaulted the orcs and in no time they had managed to reach their underground fortress.
Things were not as they seemed however. Greed is a very powerful drug that makes its way to your heart when you least expect it. With no Cult influence in the region, the territories seemed easy to grab for each of the four Keeper lords. In their madness, they decided to fight against eachother for every crop that these fertile lands had to offer.
You must now serve your master in this holy war, divide the land and conquer it, in his name!"
Have fun and happy Easter !
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
I liked the long setup phase where you can build your long term strategy. There is also always something to do, and it is never repetitive. The map can also be finished in a very reasonable time.
Very impressive ! Though a little symmetric if you take the time to look at it, the map's beauty makes you forget that.
This map did not get a 5 because it failed to make diplomacy different like sKout77 said. Also, the basic item library is used, but the custom items are interesting. I really liked the heroes though. Independant stacks were very cleverly used.
Map Design: 5
I really liked the fact that there is not a lot of exploration sites (just enough to my taste); it keeps the power level of the heroes in a good range. The really powerful items (a few of the custom ones) are hard to find and get. sKout77 was able to avoid the überhero problem through different strategies.
There is unfortunately only one event message, and it isn't story related.
A sKout77 masterpiece ! One of the best PBEM maps I played. I finished it in 74 turns against the map's default AI by taking it easy. I could've finished it in about 50 turns if I was really determined to do so. I am eager to eventually play it with three other players.
[Edited on 04/06/10 @ 12:10 AM]