You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion & Suggestions
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.48 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » General Discussion & Suggestions » Congratulations Angel Enginerd!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Congratulations Angel Enginerd!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Swolte
AOWH/AOW2H Seraph
posted 01-15-09 10:07 PM EDT (US)         
As you can see, after a long while, we have an Angel now!

Congratulations, Enginerd!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
AuthorReplies:
Timelord
HG Cherub
posted 01-15-09 11:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 48       
Congrats Enginerd! Keep up the good work and that tireless enthusiasm

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
The Groll
posted 01-15-09 11:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 48       
Hey!

Congratulations Enginerd!

Well!

Then I need to make a new image too for this with less green and more light

Cheers!!!

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4 & 1.5 Team

[This message has been edited by The Groll (edited 01-16-2009 @ 00:40 AM).]

Dafyth
posted 01-16-09 00:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 48       
Well done, and gratz!

Former PBEM singles champion.
Albaron
posted 01-16-09 08:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 48       
Wow!!!

Congratulations Enginerd!!!
morgul666
posted 01-16-09 08:42 AM EDT (US)     5 / 48       
Although I know I do mostly grace with stupid questions, I have to do it again:

What is a Seraph and a Cherub?? Where are these expressions coming from? Is this AOW-latin or are these offical titles and if so, for what?

I mean itīs clear that a Seraph seems to be god of something (in the case of the AOW-Forum) but whatīs the diference (in the tasks?!) between Seraph and Cherub (God and Angel) ?!

I tried to find out something but these expressions appear nowhere :-(

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
The Groll
posted 01-16-09 09:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 48       
As I understand this jobs...

- Cherubs are the workers in this community doing all the work.

- Angels have more rights to change things, pages and this stuff here an kick asses of members.

- Seraphs (there is only one) are the masters of the angels. They have all the rights and doing only "Godīs work" - means they donīt work with their hands or brains. they only and kick the asses of nice people like me for example.

Behind the Seraphs of HG ther are the Halos. The ones who who earn the money for this page and they are the only who can drink the blood of anyone in this little world.

I hope this helps you to understand what a simple member is then. They are the "bloodgivers" for all this higher forms of life. Letting this higher forms stay alife. The Amoebas in this world.

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4 & 1.5 Team
morgul666
posted 01-16-09 09:26 AM EDT (US)     7 / 48       
puuh...had I read this this morning I would have known where my headache is coming from today...
So I assume these titles are AOW titles.

Swolte
AOWH/AOW2H Seraph
posted 01-16-09 09:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 48       
Yes, Heavengames, so the moderators are indexed by an angelic order depending on the level of their responsibilities (or ass-kicking abilities, as we like to have Groll experiences this).

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 01-16-2009 @ 09:51 AM).]

morgul666
posted 01-16-09 10:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 48       
Aah...ok. Those are all heavenly titles... strange that I havenīt ever heard of one of these expressions...
Iīm more familiar with those working for the 'other side'
thx once more for clarfication! (Iīm learning...)

Dafyth
posted 01-16-09 10:37 AM EDT (US)     10 / 48       
If you are asking where the titles come from in real life, then the answer is that they are real terms used in Judeo-Christian supernatural hierarchy.

To be more specific: For angels:
First Sphere:
-Seraphim
-Cherubim
-Thrones

Second Sphere:
-Dominions
-Virtues
-Powers

Third Sphere:
-Principalities
-Archangels
-Angels

For Demons:
They are essentially the same, since they are simply fallen angels. Some examples:

First sphere - namely the Seraphim, Cherubim and Thrones.
Seraphim:
* Lucifer or Satan is the leader of the hierarchy of devils
* Azazel (also known as Azrial) was second after Semyazza in leading the grigori, who fathered the Nephilim. And the chief of the nine choirs of angels are fallen.
* Beelzebub is the lord of Dark Places, people say that he was the angel of Germs or Plague.
* Asmodeus is of the same order. He continues as a Seraphim to this day, that is, he burns with the desire to tempt men with his wine of luxuriousness.
* Samael (Some texts have Samael as Satan's true angelic name instead of Lucifer)
* Semyazza was the leader of the fallen Grigori. The Grigori were bound to the earth during the Great Flood as punishment for their fall.

Cherubim:
* Balberith is Prince of the Cherubim. He tempts men to commit homicides, and to be quarrelsome, contentious, and blasphemous.
* Lauviah
* Marou
* Salikotal
* Abaddon

Thrones:
* Astaroth, Prince of the Thrones, is always desirous to sit idle and be at ease. He tempts men with idleness and sloth.
* Verrine is also one of the Thrones and is next in place after Astaroth. He tempts men with impatience.
* Gressil is the third in the order of Thrones. He tempts men with impurity and uncleanness.
* Sonneillon is the fourth in the order of Thrones. He tempts men with hatred against their enemies.
* Focalor
* Forneas is the sixth in the order of the throne. He tempts men to commit suicide.
* Murmur
* Nelchael
* Pruflasis the ninth in order of the thrones. He tempts men to lie and cheat.
* Raum is the tenth in order of the thrones. He tempts men to steal.

Second hierarchy:
* Carreau, Prince of Powers. He tempts men with hardness of heart.
* Carnivean is also a Prince of Powers. He tempts men to obscenity and shamelessness.
* Oeillet is a Prince of Dominions. He tempts men to break the vow of poverty.
* Rosier is the second in the order of Dominions. He tempts men against sexual purity.
* Verrier is Prince of Principalities. He tempts men against the vow of obedience.

Third hierarchy:
* Belial is the Prince of the Order of Virtues. He tempts men with arrogance.
* Olivier is the Prince of the Archangels. He tempts men with cruelty and mercilessness toward the poor.
* Luvart is Prince of Angels.

Albaron
posted 01-16-09 10:43 AM EDT (US)     11 / 48       
Another wow!

Dafyth, this is a lot of VERY intersting and useful information.

Thanks a lot!!!
morgul666
posted 01-16-09 11:35 AM EDT (US)     12 / 48       
Indeed very detailed and interesting! thx!

Gandalf theWhite
posted 01-16-09 12:20 PM EDT (US)     13 / 48       
And so he goes forward, step by step up, to the highest postions Congratulations!! Happy Ascension Engineerd

Btw, while there is a news item concerning on this on the AoWII Heaven, ther is no one on the original site, which is the place where our hero works... Sounds odd for me
Enginerd
HG Angel
posted 01-16-09 12:25 PM EDT (US)     14 / 48       
Nice picture Groll

Thanks everyone... and yes I'm looking forward to being red. I've got some ideas and plans that are being developed so it will be fun to flap these wings around little bit more than what I've been able to do.
Swolte
AOWH/AOW2H Seraph
posted 01-16-09 01:24 PM EDT (US)     15 / 48       
Pssst, thanks Gandalf...

Angel Draco
HG Lawgiver
posted 01-16-09 03:59 PM EDT (US)     16 / 48       
Congratulations Enginerd! You deserve it for all the great work you've done on the site an in organizing these complex tournaments!
sKout77
posted 01-16-09 04:46 PM EDT (US)     17 / 48       
Congrats, you deserve it. You have put a lot of work in keeping aow1 alive. Again, congrats!
Dan Petersson
posted 01-16-09 04:57 PM EDT (US)     18 / 48       
Congratulations my friend! Nobody deserves it better than you after all the hard work and devotion you have put into this site.

Itīs nice to be important, but itīs more important to be nice.
Beren V
posted 01-16-09 08:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 48       
I'll note that almost all of this information on angels and demons Dafyth posted is contained within the apocrypha and either self-conflicts or is non-intuitive. For example, Michael and Gabriel supposedly hold both the rank of Seraph and of Archangel.

EDIT: Congrats, Enginerd! (How could I forget that!)

-Heir to Beleriand, Heir to the Silmaril, Chosen of Illuvatar-

GM of the Glory of the Past Middle Earth Roleplay Thread

Creator of the New Keepers Campaign

[This message has been edited by Beren V (edited 01-16-2009 @ 09:03 PM).]

shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 01-16-09 09:27 PM EDT (US)     20 / 48       
Congratulations, Enginerd.
I'm looking forward to see those wingflaps you mentioned.

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
flyguy
posted 01-17-09 03:46 AM EDT (US)     21 / 48       
Nice going, Enginerd!
Deroman
posted 01-17-09 05:39 AM EDT (US)     22 / 48       
Well done Enginerd! This wingation was earned one, great that we have now another active Angel down the original.
I take to use this opportunity to thank Enginerd for all the hard work he has been doing for the community and us members (must have been suffering, but bare with us ) *AEhem* So.. Thank You Enginerd, your example inspires surely all of us to strive and work for better and more active commune!
Now that the day's good work is done, I'll stop pretending to be good person and go to do something less useful..
Beelzebub is the lord of Dark Places, people say that he was the angel of Germs or Plague.
Plague. The Looooooooord of the Flieeeeeeees.

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Frozen Warrior-/X\(++)/X\-
Dafyth
posted 01-17-09 02:44 PM EDT (US)     23 / 48       
LOL at Beren!

I'm not claiming that God and Satan emailed me their personal rosters

Of course it's apocryphal, by definition. It is called religion (or faith)

Greeks, Romans, Norsemen, Muslims, Hindus, Mayans, Toltecs, First Americans, and Taoists all have their own thing going, and I am fine with that as well. Heavengames choose Judeo-Christian Hierarchy for whatever reason -- I'm just filling in the blanks for those who are curious.

Gandalf theWhite
posted 01-17-09 03:14 PM EDT (US)     24 / 48       
What Beren means when saying that this is apocryphal is, it's taken from apocrypha, as opposed to judeochristian canon (the Bible). It doesn't need to carry negative connotations
Beren V
posted 01-17-09 03:51 PM EDT (US)     25 / 48       
What Gandalf says is right, Dafyth - most of this information isn't even canonical within Christianity. It's certainly not canonical within Judaism; the nine ranks of angels was something that Thomas Acquinas cooked up in the early Renaissance; Cherubim and Seraphim do appear mentioned as guarding the Ark of the Covenant, but nowhere is it explained what they actually are. Portraying the ranks of angels in a hierarchy like this is also misleading, since a single angel can inhabit multiple levels simultaneously.

-Heir to Beleriand, Heir to the Silmaril, Chosen of Illuvatar-

GM of the Glory of the Past Middle Earth Roleplay Thread

Creator of the New Keepers Campaign
Dafyth
posted 01-17-09 05:45 PM EDT (US)     26 / 48       
And I'll repeat: it is a matter of faith and interpretation.

No one has a monopoly (except maybe the Pope ) on The Formal and Material Principles of Theology. What is considered "canon" in fact varies greatly within Judeo-Christianity. That's why there are so many different denominations and sects.

Until God sees fit to put in another personal appearance and set the record straight, we do the best we can with what we have. I am not proselytizing here; people can believe whatever "canon" they choose. But the question was asked about the source of the Heavengames moderator title, and I replied.

If you believe that they chose another source, then feel free to post it.

Edit note: Maybe a Heavengames founder can post and answer the question unambiguously.

[This message has been edited by Dafyth (edited 01-17-2009 @ 05:49 PM).]

Alphonze 56
posted 01-17-09 09:42 PM EDT (US)     27 / 48       
Hooray for Enginerd! You've "upgraded" from Paganism to Christianity! Which sect, though, is to be decided.

HALT all th Judeo-Christianity stuffs for a moment!
I am Orthodox Ashkenazi (European descent, etc) Jewish and have several Sefardi(Middle-Eastern, African descent) and Catholic Christian friends, so I'd like to explain my studies of the perception of angels.

Judiasm (All): Angels come in the form of regular travellers, either to tell good news or messages as plain people, or as evil people who intend to stop a great 'Mitzva', or good commandment, deed. They aren't glowing, normally, or with remarkable features. Such appearance gives them away and their motives of action.

Catholic Christianity: Angels are beautiful humanoids, but can and will disguise themselves to stop a possible evil or grant strength and blessings to humans. One of the Seven Deadly Sins throughout all Christianity is 'Pride.' Some state that angels disguise themselves when fixing something in public is not to make humans feel 'worthy' and become pompous and tyrannical.

*Cherubs are actually Paganist, not Christian, along with Halloween. For some reason, both got adopted into Christianity.*

'Seraph' is another name for an 'Archangel' the final semi-deities of Judiasm and Christianity.

Lucifer was an archangel that rebelled against G-d, sending him down, down, down...S-m-el is His name in Judiasm. Actually writing His name in any language is a heavy curse.
Demons are fallen angels specifically, not archangels. Beelzebub is, yes, an adaptation of the Hebrew, 'Ba'al Zevuv', which means 'Lord of the Flies'. He is the demon in charge of disease and decay.

[This message has been edited by Alphonze 56 (edited 01-17-2009 @ 09:59 PM).]

Swolte
AOWH/AOW2H Seraph
posted 01-17-09 09:53 PM EDT (US)     28 / 48       
Jay is very much into cultural-history, I believe, so perhaps he has something sensible to say. I'll see if I can summon him (yes, he is one of higher power in these heavens...).

Now, be on your best behavior, please.

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 01-17-2009 @ 09:58 PM).]

Alphonze 56
posted 01-17-09 10:02 PM EDT (US)     29 / 48       
Yes, Mr Seraph, sir.

*salutes*
ffbj
posted 01-17-09 11:01 PM EDT (US)     30 / 48       
Well deserved, Congratulations!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to: