Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Boring Old Windmill
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 04-07-02 09:00 AM EDT (US)   
*Big sign on the door:*

MEMBERS-ONLY!!

Hehe, who would suspect secret BTOOIC meetings in here?

OK fellows, feel free to take some coffee and a doughnut while we discuss our strategy. Any agenda points can be raised and discussed here. Decisions will take at least 24hrs and try to be modest with agenda points. The Teleport off thread is our 'batcave' to the outer world, for now.

Secret Agenda

1. More members = > power: how to get more members?
2. Opening of BTOOIC-school?
3. Signatures (closed)
4. Colonization (strategies)(closed)
5. Clay Pidgeon joining Valley? (closed)
6. Recent interforum war (FARRP, BORG, Hall, ODNP).(closed)
7. New naming for BTOOIC when applying as an AoW-Guild (closed).
8. The new 'Tower of Evermore' forum.
9. Ranking system
10. Big Bad four nuisance...
11. New cause -> AoW source code?
12. New cause -> Map reviews?
13. Squeekydragon joining

*leans back*
Lets hear it...

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 07-19-2005 @ 12:06 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-11-02 12:38 PM EDT (US)     271 / 508  
Better? Oh yeah? Listen to this:

Bound To Outlive Other International Clans!

Guess that was good enough!

-Everything is expendable when it comes to survival and victory-
Lord Galmķrėgon of the High Elves, self-dedicated-wannabe-defender of everything he likes, including (but not limited to) the BTOOIC and also 13th warrior/member of the same BTOOIC
posted 06-11-02 01:09 PM EDT (US)     272 / 508  
Wow, Elven Defender...what can I say? I love it. I vote for yours.

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon
posted 06-11-02 01:23 PM EDT (US)     273 / 508  
*bows to the ground (deeply)*

Well, thank you!

Lord Galmķrėgon of the High Elves, self-dedicated-wannabe-defender of everything he likes, including (but not limited to) the BTOOIC and also 13th warrior/member of the same BTOOIC
posted 06-11-02 01:27 PM EDT (US)     274 / 508  

Quote:

Bound To Outlive Other International Clans!

That could really work and make eternal sense

winner of BTOOIC 2003 AoW2 tournament
teamwinner of HG 2002 AoW1 double tourney finals (with ArchmageSUN)
ex-foreign advisor to BTOOIC (retired due to lack of foe)
posted 06-11-02 01:28 PM EDT (US)     275 / 508  
How about Buildable Teleporters Off Optio-!

I like ElvenDefender's too.

posted 06-11-02 01:41 PM EDT (US)     276 / 508  
Yeah, it's the best so far! (except from mine )
But even though we get/got a new name, we must not forget the old one!

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?

[This message has been edited by Falagar (edited 06-11-2002 @ 02:03 PM).]

posted 06-11-02 01:53 PM EDT (US)     277 / 508  

Quote:

even tough we get/got a new name, we must not forget the old one!

Agreed! But, don't you mean though?
posted 06-11-02 02:47 PM EDT (US)     278 / 508  
Falagar, the "Cameroon" part isnt good and they lost anyway today

winner of BTOOIC 2003 AoW2 tournament
teamwinner of HG 2002 AoW1 double tourney finals (with ArchmageSUN)
ex-foreign advisor to BTOOIC (retired due to lack of foe)
posted 06-11-02 03:58 PM EDT (US)     279 / 508  

Quote:

Bound To Outlive Other International Clans

It's brilliant.
I vote for this one too.

Proud member of BTOOIC.
posted 06-11-02 07:56 PM EDT (US)     280 / 508  
Boring Threads OFF Option in Creativity

LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Luke Skywalker~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grammar Nazis Beware
Havocaos, Victory or Death!
posted 06-12-02 10:49 AM EDT (US)     281 / 508  
Haha! That was funny! ....not

Anyway! I just wanted to thank all of you who voted for my suggestion and i like (almost) all of yours as well!

[This message has been edited by ElvenDefender (edited 06-12-2002 @ 10:54 AM).]

posted 06-12-02 12:25 PM EDT (US)     282 / 508  
Great!
As soon as Draco has the new AoW2 forum design implemented we can become an AoW1 and AoW2 playing Guild too. And keep our BTOOIC name.

About agendapoint 6.

Joining the IFA (Inter Forum Alliance) is out of the question. BTOOIC has great power (36 members!). But with great power comes great responsibility. BTOOIC members signed for a cause and a pleasant warm and fuzzy atmoshere. Defending that is our plight, if needed with (creative) force. BTOOIC is not meant as a 'police' force, even if it seems for a just cause. The risks of misuse, misinterpretations and bad associations is too large. It could be a good idea but the conditions have to be VERY specified.
It doesn't mean we can't assist or help other Forums, though.

We can help other Forums if they ask our help if there is a clear situation. The last war was over when I read the important threads... but it seemed like the RP-rebels started the hostilities.

These are my current diplomatic thoughts:

The Borg: Are (were) hostile??
Since they have their own 'place' and 'learned' what it's like to have something to loose themselves, I even like them. Their leader has wisdom but even after the peace treaty (I was sceptical) there were hostilities (like at TMPC). But only Luke. While 'hostile' Luke is still posting in here (members only!) relations will remain neutral (although Luke is getting some sense of humor ).
Trust is a fragile thing. Working towards improved relations seems a good thing, in this matter imo.
Relation: neutral (but open to friendliness).

ODNP:
Weezul seems to want peace but I strongly disapprove of the means (Large pics of warzones.. etc). He's probably OK but its not BTOOICish. Sometimes violence can solve things (not to be a total naive pacifist) but only sometimes, and with thought IMO. A time and a place. It can turn out well but not neccesarily. Highly unlikely for BTOOIC.
I really don't know what he stands for (or where his HQ, member list is..). KoRT seems to have his own interests.
Relation: neutral/ friendly.

Sharpe (the Hall):
SNR, an excellent ruler. Smart and currently in to stabilize the forums imo. I trust (believe) he would have come to our help if we were under attack and asked. Joined the BORG, I heard, (wasn't aware of that, might complicate?) but seemes OK. The Colonel seems a bit violent but he ain't much around.
Relation: friendly.

If you are still with me... Hope this clarifies a bit
Feel free to add thoughts on agendapoint 6.

(Boy, once I start typing...)

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 06-12-2002 @ 12:33 PM).]

posted 06-12-02 07:54 PM EDT (US)     283 / 508  
Eh...

Its not my fault.I just enjoy reading secret plans of everyone.

P.S:Im the only Non-BTOOIC member that visits the Hall of Wonders often, ya know.

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 06-13-02 08:28 PM EDT (US)     284 / 508  
So guys, what's up with this guild thing? When's it going down?

-Solon
posted 06-13-02 08:52 PM EDT (US)     285 / 508  
Fellow BTOOIC members, it appears that Luke has quit the Borg(also see here).

Also, the Borg's secret hideout is here.
There are some interesting threads in there that you should see...

posted 06-14-02 10:51 AM EDT (US)     286 / 508  
Good work, Psykitty!

A lot is happening. Fierywarhead will have some explaining to do..

But on to the important things: I've been the first to place a building at the ToE-forum. It's not finished yet but when it is, it should have a preventive quality (Forummers not easy and respectfully daring to challenge us). We could also have an appointed 'brawler' to elicit other faction to form. We show our positive attitude and tell them to join us if they loose. Hehe.. When they are most fragile all other factions will be assimi..joining us in the end. Doughnuts remain free, of course.

Hmmm... It's all for the future but any ideas on the following are welcome:

a. Selection and ranking of BTOOIC Players?
b. Special rules of play (Teleporters off for AoW2?).
c. BTOOIC gaming policy: are we actively challenging others or mainly defensive?
d. ...

On 8a--> I already made some suggestions at the 'Palace' about a possible ranking (if this is a good idea, at all):

+ 10 would mean if you have lost 5 games and won 15 games. Or lost 1 and won 11. Certain games could get you more winning points. Like hard games vs respected AoW-ers.

BTOOIC-Squire
BTOOIC-Knight (+ 5 Victories)
BTOOIC-Champion (+ 15 Victories)
and (very rare) BTOOIC-Doughernaut (from Juggernaut)? (+ 35 Victories)

These are just some thoughts. There is time to think it through and hear several cons and pro's.

*Looks outside Windmill*

Look, there is the construction site!
It's getting dark. I am gonna build us a Palace!

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 06-14-02 04:17 PM EDT (US)     287 / 508  
I've signed up!

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 06-15-02 08:25 AM EDT (US)     288 / 508  
Hey, how did you find the hideout?

"Remember when American moms used to tell their kids to finish dinner because children were starving in Africa? Well, thanks a lot, mom; Africans are still starving and American kids are obese." - (unknown)
posted 06-15-02 10:08 AM EDT (US)     289 / 508  
Well,on the news,People were talking about BOW,Boring Old Windmill, so I checked it out and Wa la!

But why would you care?

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 06-15-02 10:22 AM EDT (US)     290 / 508  
K_K, Luke, this place is members only. I'll put up a sign. Post questions and own discussions somewhere else, plz.

Hmmm... I've given some thought to the ranking and we do need some 'fixed' ranking system (for clarity if someone dare challenges the BTOOIC) and to avoid confusion, like Sir Crashalot says too.
Everyone can keep their own 'advancing titles', I'll try to keep them in mind, of course, and note these in the upkoming BTOOIC ranking thread. Because it will add to our roleplaying experience. Thats why I thought of having small stars (or golden doughnuts) for everyone, denoting rank next to your own, or the default status. I think this is a solution:

Default is:
Squire * (< 10 victories)
Knight ** (=> 10 victories)
Hero *** (=> 35 victories)
Doughernaut **** (=> 70 victories, almost impossible)

Falagar, for example, wanted to be a High Elf, so if he wins 12 victories he'd become a 'High Elven Lord**' when he was 'High Elf*' before (note the little stars).

Like mister Pickles said, it's not very fun to have a 0/ -12 score (when newby, for example) therefore the 'positive' victories count (I put the standards for advancement higher).

(I'll have to make some advancement rules on the achievement of victorie points. Like winning an XL-size map gives you 2 points, or something. There is time to figure that out.) Don't be scared of the high amount of victory point needed (we could have special tournaments that would get people 5 bonus victory points or more...).

We'll change the acronym of BTOOIC when going to 'play' war... Discuss(ed) in BOW, to something more appropriate. BTOOIC remains a friendly, creative and humourful organisation. Thats what we'd be fighting for. Just be showing our teeth more

I think the PBEM (play by email) is the best way to fight. It's easy to learn (although, we'll need restart rules etc), everyone can read the reports in the PBEM section and cheer along and discuss strategy. Advancing rank in the fast MP-games will go too fast. Special rules will have to be applied.

Ideas are welcome!

Swolte the First

*Goes to Evermore to work on the Palace*

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 06-15-2002 @ 11:01 AM).]

posted 06-15-02 10:36 AM EDT (US)     291 / 508  
Ohh!There is no such thing as members only!
You dont have any write to do anything,so im just going to stay here.....

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 06-15-02 11:17 AM EDT (US)     292 / 508  
Ok, I'll be:
Lich*
Lich Lord**
Lich Overseer***
Demi-Lich**** ( like that's gonna happen )

Kangaxx The Jolly Lich, member of BTOOIC

posted 06-15-02 12:23 PM EDT (US)     293 / 508  
Hmmm...I've been thinking about what Crashalot said about 36+ different rankings, and we could could have something like:

Type of race/profession
Type of race/profession + lord/mage/knight *
Type of race/profession +prince/overseer/archmage **

Type of race/profession +king/sorceror

so one would change the title and the title would have to be one of those already mentioned.

That way I would become (and maybe Falagar as well):

High Elf*
High Elven Lord**
High Elven Prince***
High Elven King **** (not going to happen, maybe +100 points title?)

EDIT:Oh! you already wrote something like that, swolte...

[This message has been edited by ElvenDefender (edited 06-15-2002 @ 12:31 PM).]

posted 06-15-02 12:34 PM EDT (US)     294 / 508  
*In a rush*

Some good, logic ideas there about race/profession, though!

Be back tomorrow!

posted 06-15-02 11:44 PM EDT (US)     295 / 508  
Hmm, my wife and I are discussing the ranking, since we are unique characters...

King of the Dragon's Den
Co-leader for the Plea for the return of the Dragons
Member of the BTOOIC
posted 06-16-02 00:30 AM EDT (US)     296 / 508  
Just out of casual curiosity, how do you feel that the devs left out the Gold Dragon from AoW2? I'd be crushed if I were you. Maybe ask for it in a patch or expansion

-Solon
posted 06-18-02 00:54 AM EDT (US)     297 / 508  
Well, we would but how would we do it? He would like to see that AND his arch nemesis the Black Dragon make a reappearance so that they may have epic battles upon the new AoW2 battlefields. Even if only the Gold Dragon was the only dragon to be added, how do we do it? We ask the Help of the BTOOIC...Please? For the lady?

Queen of the Dragon's Den
Co-Leader for Plea for the return of the Dragons
Member of the BTOOIC
posted 06-18-02 02:07 AM EDT (US)     298 / 508  
*drooling stare* "Anything for the lady..."

-Solon
posted 06-18-02 02:33 AM EDT (US)     299 / 508  
*standing besides Mr.Pickles*
*drooling stare* Yes...anything...for...the...lady...

Oh, hey GoldDragon! Hehe...
What are you going to do with that great axe?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[This message has been edited by Falagar (edited 06-18-2002 @ 02:34 AM).]

posted 06-18-02 11:51 AM EDT (US)     300 / 508  

Quote:

What are you going to do with that great axe?

*ahem* ...aw dang.

-Solon
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 17  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Tower of Evermore - A Clan Forum » Boring Old Windmill
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames