Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.73 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Mod Packs » Realms of Magic Mod
Bottom
Topic Subject:Realms of Magic Mod
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
THAWonderland
posted 01-13-04 03:18 PM EDT (US)         
Iīm currently working on my "Realms of Magic" Mod for AOW1. My intention is to do a "big one", there will be about 100 new units, 50 new buildings and many other changes.
In this thread Iīll post important things I find out while doing the mod work, and You can ask questions if You have any...
AuthorReplies:
Accusync72
posted 10-01-05 05:20 PM EDT (US)     51 / 73       
would it be possible to make a race of minatours...for example.

Level 1:Minatour axewielder 5hp Att4 dam3 Def2
Level 1:Minatour axethrower 5hp """"normal archer dam?
Level 1:Minatour Battle-rager 6hp Att5 dam4 Def1
(round attack,mountanering)
Battering Ram?

Level 2:Minatour Shamen 5hp Att3 dam3 Def2
(healing,Lightning bolts)+basic

Level 2:Minatour AxeMaster(Dual Wielder)8hp Att5 Dam.5 Def2
32mp.(Firststrike,Extra Strike,Parry,mountanering)...(Reason for only 2def would be because he is more adavanced in cqc combat.)

Level 3:Gorgon (or Battle Bull)14hp Att6 Dam5 Def5 (charge,wallcrushing,gas breath)

Level 3:Minatour Javelin Thrower 8hp Att3 Dam3 Def.4
(Marksminship II,Shoot javelin,parry)
(Silver medal: Marksminship III,mountanering)
(Gold medal: Marksminship IV,strike,concealment)

Level 3:HippoGriff 12hp Att.5 Dam.4 Def4 Mp.40
(charge,Flying,Vision III,)

Level 4:Armor Clad Giant. 17hp. Att.7 Dam.6 Def.7
(parry,Fearless,Hurl Bolder,Marksminship II,Mountanering,Wall crushing)
(silver medal:Leadership,Marksminship III)
(Gold medal: Cause fear,Marksminship IV,)

........Just a thought.=)

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me
Into darkness, into night, amongst the shadows we shall fight!
-/X\( ++ ) /X\-L.E.D.- Hand of Malice-/X\( ++ ) /X\-

[This message has been edited by Accusync72 (edited 10-09-2005 @ 03:42 PM).]

jassa2
posted 10-02-05 03:07 PM EDT (US)     52 / 73       
I will try to do that
But what with graphics?
I think,and think,and thing
IDEA!
I will use smaller karaghs
Anyone plz help!
THAWonderland
posted 10-12-05 05:10 AM EDT (US)     53 / 73       
to Gandalf:
cool idea, Iīll do that, itīs not much work!

to Accusync:
A cool idea, too! But as jassa already said, it would be
a LOT of work to do the GFX. I`ve already imported the Minotaur from AOW2 (as you can see in my screenshots), but
thatīs only ONE...

Gandalf theWhite
posted 10-13-05 10:19 AM EDT (US)     54 / 73       

Quoted from THA:

to Gandalf:
cool idea, Iīll do that, itīs not much work!

That's great!
jassa2
posted 10-16-05 05:50 AM EDT (US)     55 / 73       
My first mod,the Enhanced Mod will pack some AOW2 units like:
Phoenix,Minotaur,Bone Dragon... and others
+Wizards:
Meandor,Gabriel and Juila
I am unable to import Merlin because he has some other type of bits
[He won't be needed in AOW1]
But I dont sucess in resizing images to 64X64 with my currently program,PicPerk
I am currently using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7 browser
Anyone please give me new ideas for units or GFX!
I will be more that glad for help.
Accusync72
posted 11-05-05 09:47 AM EDT (US)     56 / 73       
well hows the Minotaurs coming i really would like it if we could choose them as a race to play!! if not i guess you could make a builders guild of them and we could produce them that way.......make enough of them and then have a 13th race

all silver and gold upgrades can be the basic for all,but i couldn't think of a good up grade for the Hippogriff.........maybe it could transport a couple of units at silver??

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me
jassa2
posted 11-06-05 04:14 PM EDT (US)     57 / 73       
I will make a totaly new race,race of Minotaurs
But that will take a LOT of work....
Accusync72
posted 11-15-05 06:02 PM EDT (US)     58 / 73       
that sound great(a new race of Minotaurs)hope its not tooooooo hard Hmmm...lets see...i would replace them with the the Halflings or like i said(if its possable)put them in a builders guild so we can produce them

jassa2
posted 12-13-05 11:17 AM EDT (US)     59 / 73       
Yes, it is possible to produce minotaurs from a new builders guild, but I am trying something different in my mod:
I am trying to create totaly new race by copying&pasting the existing race in Devedit's "Races" tab
Will it work in game, I dont know but I want to try something
Gandalf theWhite
posted 01-26-06 09:53 AM EDT (US)     60 / 73       
Just one more suggestion to mod makers here (Jassa and THA Wonderland): could your mods contain new type of surface terrain that would work like the rock in underground (no units able to move or drill through it) i.e. a kind of Mount Everest-like mountain? I often missed there's nothing like that, because it would be very useful for making RPG-styled maps. I (and I guess other mapmakers,too) would really appreciate it.
By the way: THA, third of screenshoots from your mod shows a stormlord on road leading to new location (looking like house in Goblin town). I wonder, what it is?
THAWonderland
posted 02-02-06 06:30 AM EDT (US)     61 / 73       
to Gandalf:
In the moment Iīm not really sure if the kind of terrain
you suggested will be possible to create, Iīll try to find that out (but I donīt know when I will have the time for doing so...)
The building in the screenshot is a Goblin Tower, itīs just like a normal Tower Fort, with Goblin-style appearance.
Gandalf theWhite
posted 02-13-06 08:25 AM EDT (US)     62 / 73       
THA, I myself know almost nothing about mods, but I think it should be possible, because there is already such a kind of terrain - the rock in underground (but I'm ignorant in terms of mod making so I may be wrong ).
About Gobbie Tower - it'll be good to have in your mod new versions of ,,old" objects, that increases variety! But I have a little suggestion abou this structure: Goblin house doesn't really look like a tower, maybe it could be renamed to Goblin bunker?
THAWonderland
posted 03-22-06 05:39 AM EDT (US)     63 / 73       
Step by step Realms of Magic goes towards completion...
Last things I did were the Elven Spearman, the Efreet, and importing some GFX from HeroesIV.

To Gandalf:
The terrain you suggested works, without any problems!
We have just to set a tile`s type to "Hexagon" - "Border"!!

Gandalf theWhite
posted 03-31-06 06:26 AM EDT (US)     64 / 73       

Quoted from THA:

To Gandalf:
The terrain you suggested works, without any problems!
We have just to set a tile`s type to "Hexagon" - "Border"!!

That's a great news! I'm looking forward to making a map for your mod - when will it be ready? Soon, I hope?
THAWonderland
posted 04-01-06 11:40 AM EDT (US)     65 / 73       
Well I hope so too...
THAWonderland
posted 04-16-06 06:48 AM EDT (US)     66 / 73       
A kind Heroes IV ModMaker tries to convert some creature graphics from Heroes IV for me. Would be really nice if it works, my Mod would get units like the Tiger and the Mantis then.
Accusync72
posted 05-29-06 10:02 AM EDT (US)     67 / 73       
That sounds cool!! well im just giveing some encouragment to keep the good work up. How is it comeing?

THAWonderland
posted 05-31-06 04:48 AM EDT (US)     68 / 73       
Although slowly, work is going on...
Iīve just posted some new Screenshots in the Misc.Downloads section
Gandalf theWhite
posted 06-08-06 10:20 AM EDT (US)     69 / 73       
Great screens, THA! Such sort makes one really impatient, hopefully work will be going on faster from now . Keep it up!

By the way, maybe you could tell us what are the functions of those all new structures (Ocean Sanctuary, Lindwurm Cave, Shadow Portal etc)? I'm quite curious about it, and I think it's the same with the rest of people here.

THAWonderland
posted 12-22-06 06:00 AM EDT (US)     70 / 73       
Well...
I feel a bit ashamed that I havenīt shown up here for quite a long time. I also have to admit that I haventīt found any time to continue my work since my last post.
I`m going to be 30 in January, and unfortunately itīs a fact that the older you are the less time you have.
But definitely Realms of Magic WILL be finished (one day...).
As to Gandalfīs question: These buildings are for producing units, e.g. Ocean Sanctuary produces units like Mermaid and Sea Serpent, Shadow Portal produces Shadow, Nightshade, Creeping Shadow and Shadow Dragon, Lindwurm Cave produces the Lindwurm (the former Basilisk).
There are many more structures like these in the Mod.
Gandalf theWhite
posted 12-27-06 10:18 AM EDT (US)     71 / 73       
Interesting thing with those all new production sites - makes me hope the mod will be released one day... Hopefully it won't be too late, since the AoW community at Heaven seems to be losing its members one after one
THAWonderland
posted 12-29-06 01:57 PM EDT (US)     72 / 73       
Youīre right Gandalf. This Forum seems to be fading away... Are we all getting too old, or are there so many more interesting games or whatīs up?
werra
posted 09-28-10 11:14 AM EDT (US)     73 / 73       
Itīs a pity this mod was never released. It looked very promising.
Iīm planning to make a mod for private use, if anyone, especially THAWonderland reads this, Iīd be glad if you sent me some new ILBīs. Thanks in advance.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames