Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.73 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Mod Packs » Realms of Magic Mod
Bottom
Topic Subject:Realms of Magic Mod
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
THAWonderland
posted 01-13-04 03:18 PM EDT (US)         
Im currently working on my "Realms of Magic" Mod for AOW1. My intention is to do a "big one", there will be about 100 new units, 50 new buildings and many other changes.
In this thread Ill post important things I find out while doing the mod work, and You can ask questions if You have any...
AuthorReplies:
THAWonderland
posted 02-10-04 12:20 PM EDT (US)     26 / 73       
Its a cool suggestion. Of course I will do some maps (maybe also a campaign) myself and include these, but the more maps there are the better it will be for acceptance of my mod :-) ...
(Espacially because my mod wont do well with the existing maps)
But it will still some time, Realms of Magic is "unplayable" in the moment, mainly because so many GFX are still missing, and after that comes the testing...
Anyway, I say thanks right now
THAWonderland
posted 02-19-04 05:19 AM EDT (US)     27 / 73       
Hmhmhm, mod forum is asleep these days it seems...
My mod also sleeps cause I have some exams these days
THAWonderland
posted 03-07-04 09:54 AM EDT (US)     28 / 73       
Finally I continue mod work. Added ~30 more faces and started working on underground terrain. I think I wont enable grass, steppe,... for underground use by default, but maybe I`m going to enable wasteland.
THAWonderland
posted 03-24-04 06:22 AM EDT (US)     29 / 73       
Realms of Magic goes step for step towards completion. Latest GFX are Goblin Hakura, Lightning Elemental, Nature Spirit (Units); Goblin Mystics Guild, Goblin Workshop, Frost Elf Village (Places). But I think that it will still take quite a long time till the mod is ready for being published.
Alphax
posted 04-17-04 00:12 AM EDT (US)     30 / 73       
Well, this looks like it has not been used for a while....

I am looking forward to d/lding once finished and posted on the Misc Downloads Page with "Mod" in the title.

Cheers, Alphax

THAWonderland
posted 05-01-04 11:14 AM EDT (US)     31 / 73       
Hi Alphax! I dont have much time for my mod in the moment, cause I have to do a lot of schoolwork. But I hope I`ll be able to finish "Realms of Magic" soon
THAWonderland
posted 06-09-04 05:59 AM EDT (US)     32 / 73       
Im just posting now to say that Im alive. Im very busy, so Realms of Magic will take some MORE time...
White Wolf
posted 12-03-04 05:45 PM EDT (US)     33 / 73       
THAWonderland, just thought I'd check up on your Realms of Magic Mod. How's it coming? Got a beta version available?

I'm so very eager to try it out, you have no idea!

Dhuval, what about your mod? I haven't seen anything about it for a while now, also want to see what you've completed.

THAWonderland
posted 12-15-04 03:38 AM EDT (US)     34 / 73       
Well, White Wolf, Im sorry to say that Realms of Magic will still take some more time. Ive continued work on it yesterday, that was the first time I could do so since my last posting... Be sure Ill inform you all when its ready!
THAWonderland
posted 12-22-04 03:31 AM EDT (US)     35 / 73       
I think I will upload one or two preview screenshots these days...
THAWonderland
posted 08-20-05 12:20 PM EDT (US)     36 / 73       
Well, after a long long time, Im back.
I had a harddisk crash for the second time. Fortunately I had a backup CD this time, unfortunately it seems I forgot some small files when doing the backup...
The result were dozens of "Oh dear.." messages in DevEdit.

So I wasnt in the mood to continue Mod work for quite a long time, started a Mod for CIV3 instead ;-) ...

But NOW I managed to repair my dear AOW Realms of Magic and continue working on it now. Three more new units are finished, Orc Mystic, Nusfarat Priest and Devil.

Some of the Graphics that HAD been finished are lost and I will have to do them again, thats the Cyclops and the Imp units, as well as the colored Water tiles.

I wont give a new "probable release"-date this time, but I hope that Realms of Magic comes onto your computers before Age of Wonders 7 is published...

Wladca_Swiata
posted 08-24-05 07:39 AM EDT (US)     37 / 73       
Hello,

It looks like many people have many units imported from various games. I didn't find them in download section but I will appreciate very much if you send me some units ilbs.

If you want here is my adress "dzonydiablo@op.pl"

Thanks

THAWonderland
posted 08-28-05 08:07 AM EDT (US)     38 / 73       
Well Wladca I think you should ask Dhuval about this, I myself so far have just imported units from AOW2, and thats not so hard to do, as I described above
jassa2
posted 08-28-05 09:55 AM EDT (US)     39 / 73       
hi I am jassa2 from bosnia and herzegovina.
I have 10 years.
please where is can find the ILB Editor?
where?
I must edit images for my Enhanced Mod [which will be very,very,very huge mod.read more for of it at the "Enhanced Mod Comes" FORUM!!!
jassa2
posted 08-28-05 09:56 AM EDT (US)     40 / 73       
my E-mail is jassa2@bih.net.ba
THAWonderland
posted 08-28-05 12:20 PM EDT (US)     41 / 73       
I would recommend that you ask around in the AOW2 Modmaking Forum. I think the "wise guys" are hanging around there more frequently then here.
I myself DO have ILBEditor, but not here on this computer...
THAWonderland
posted 09-04-05 08:35 AM EDT (US)     42 / 73       
I`ve just submitted the first screenshots of "Realms of Magic" to the "Misc Downloads" section.

Its not much you can see, but there is some nice vegetation, the Crystal Mine, the Goblin Tower, as well as the units Lightning Elemental, Corsair, Ghost, Devil, Dwarf Runemaster, Orc Mystic, Human Wizard, Orc Battlemage, Minotaur, Succubus, Pestbringer, Firedwarf Warrior and Ancestor Spirit Totem.

Wladca_Swiata
posted 09-05-05 11:36 AM EDT (US)     43 / 73       
THAWonderland,
With AowCGE I do as you say - I switch to indexed colors but
sth is still wrong (i use adobe photoshop)

I also use ILBEditor and it works fine but it looks like
I have to import ilb from many single bmp files in one directory. Is there possibility to import from one file.
There is 'export all in one' option but I didn't find sth like
import all in one.

THAWonderland
posted 09-06-05 07:28 AM EDT (US)     44 / 73       
To Wladca:
Hmm, thats strange. I have to think about it again...

With the "export all in one" function of ILBEdit I had problems, too, so never used it again. I use ILBEdit only for importing AOW2 units to AOW1 anyway.
By the way, another member named jassa is looking for ILBEdit. Maybe you have the possibility to send it to him?

Wladca_Swiata
posted 09-06-05 11:46 AM EDT (US)     45 / 73       
Here is link to ILBedit download page:
http://ilbeditor.hamletg.com/download.html
jassa2
posted 09-06-05 04:14 PM EDT (US)     46 / 73       
okay, I go on ILB Editor's download page,clicked on link and my computer automaticaly opens the file,without giving me choice between Run and Save.
And when it download it,it also automaticaly opens it [I have WinRAR] and it tryes to open,but I receive an error:
Cannot find file: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\[I dont know that code,it always change it]\ilbeditor008.zip
What can I do??!
Wladca_Swiata
posted 09-08-05 03:13 AM EDT (US)     47 / 73       
Jassa,

right-click ---> save target as

Gandalf theWhite
posted 09-30-05 04:26 AM EDT (US)     48 / 73       
I just have a little suggestion... There is one thing which I really miss since I began making maps: it isn't possible to place teleports on water. If it is technically possible, could your mod include teleports that can be placed on water, and therefore used by ships and other naval units?
jassa2
posted 10-01-05 06:12 AM EDT (US)     49 / 73       
ok, I downloaded the ILBEditor with Netscape.
It is now okay
The ILBEditor is cool
I've bought the Age of Wonders 2
A cool units
I will try to import some graphics to AOW1
TO THAWonderland:
Please speed up making of your Magic Mod
I cant wait anymore
I want to get it
Is there any way to you submit your current state of Magic mod??
Please,if can also submit ILB files
Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Please post replyes on my topic: Enhanced Mod comes!
I will also post pictures of my best,coolest and FIRST mod!!
jassa2
posted 10-01-05 06:38 AM EDT (US)     50 / 73       
I am currently making the "Enhanced Mod" !!!!!!
this mod is not only mix of all mods and rulesets:
it adds tons of new things:
-Tons of New units.
-New (Modified) GFX.
-New RACES.
-New Heroes [now is avaliable a swordman class hero] (for each of the races.
-Now you can place lava on surface [just like in dragonlance mod
-And... You can place castle ruin,crypt and ziggurat floors on SURFACE AND UNDERGROUND!!!
-thats not all.... you can place walls of TC Exploration Place maps!! [just like placing Castle ruin walls in DragonLance mod.. but now you can place Ziggurat's and Crypts walls.both on SURFACE AND UNDERGROUND.
-more? -- there is----> you can place TC City WALLS [WOOD,STONE,CRUSHED WOOD,CRUSHED STONE] on your maps.
>I wish to thanks to all mod and ruleset makers for GFX and STATISTICS.
>Special THANKS GOES to LAURENTUS for his UNIT GFX .. AND STATISTICS..!!!
*there are lots of other changes...
look>
new few new heroes!
new ITEMS
Now TC Life,Earth,Fire and Death nodes are placeable on maps!
and alot of new THINGS and stuff like storms,lighting and more!![twinks,glows.....]

Post Replyes..NOW!

[THIS IS A VERY HIGHLY COOLEST MOD]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames