You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions
Moderated by Swolte, Enginerd, ChowGuy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions » V1.08 BETA Patch Test Branch for Steam Users
Bottom
Topic Subject:V1.08 BETA Patch Test Branch for Steam Users
ZombieEater
posted 04-04-14 11:36 AM EDT (US)         
TS put up a test patch for Steam users.

http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/v1-08-beta-patch-test-branch-for-steam-users/

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
AuthorReplies:
naecO
posted 04-07-14 02:46 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
So.. that's the edge that Steam users will have over DRM-free GOG users. It'll make me think how bad I want the new updates and how fast (or slow) GOG updates will catch up with Steam updates.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
Merkraad
posted 04-07-14 04:40 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
I'm completely astonished by this. I'm not sure whether I find it acceptable to live with or if its the reason for a much needed uproar.

Part of me dislikes the fact that the game have fewer races than the previous titles in the series, and how DLC will keep adding things (yes, I know that's how its done today).

But getting updates earlier simply because you bought the game at a different place - huh? ;(

I was at a chat where most people had steam versions and were playing it, so me 'GoG 2nd class citizen' could only suck my thumb and go do something else...

Good times when we could just buy games in a box and simply install and play them. No need to research the place where you buy it, or if its DRM free...

Artist, Sorcerer, Monk and AoW Series fan
Proud citizen of BRASIL \o/ |o/ \o| \o/ |o| /o/ \o/
Blog with some art
www.the-battlefield.com ex-member with fond memories:Battlefield Player of the year 2003;Battlefield Winner of 4 Tourneys;Battlefield Winner of AoW league 2004
Proud owner of an AoW SM poster signed by Devs!
Please try the fantastic BNW Mod made by my friend Kirky Picardo! The best AoW:SM Mod!

[This message has been edited by Merkraad (edited 04-07-2014 @ 04:53 AM).]

COCONUTKNIGHT
posted 04-07-14 05:02 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
@ Merkraad, it's not an official patch. Think of the Steam guys as your guinea pigs here.

And you can hardly blame TS for using Steam this way, seeing as the platform is pretty much purpose built for rapid changes.

Also, if I am not wrong, you can install Steam, and link your copy of AoW3 to it as a non-steam game (i.e. not every game in Steam has to have been bought from Steam) and then get the update that way.

The update isn't earth shattering bud, it really only makes a difference mid to late game, with slightly gimped base production and slower advanced research, and more costly t3 buildings.

Also, I was in the same chatroom, and my memory was of everyone wanting to play version 1.0 .

Take an old, dirty, hungry, mangy, sick and wet dog and feed him and wash him and nurse him back to health, and he will never turn on you and bite you.

This is how man and dog differ.
Merkraad
posted 04-07-14 06:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
I know its not an official patch

My pc is already of age and slow, I don't wanna run Steam in the background.

The problem itself isn't earth earth shattering but... then again years ago, it just wouldn't happen. Just buy and play and everyone has the same stuff

The day I was in the chatroom people mentioned playing the patch, I wasn't around for long since I'm busy in RL right now.

Blog with some art
www.the-battlefield.com ex-member with fond memories:Battlefield Player of the year 2003;Battlefield Winner of 4 Tourneys;Battlefield Winner of AoW league 2004
Please try the fantastic BNW Mod made by my friend Kirky Picardo! The best AoW:SM Mod!
COCONUTKNIGHT
posted 04-08-14 06:23 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
In the ol;d days you might get one patch. How many came out for AoW1?

Take an old, dirty, hungry, mangy, sick and wet dog and feed him and wash him and nurse him back to health, and he will never turn on you and bite you.

ZombieEater
posted 04-08-14 10:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
The original AoW went to version 1.36, so I'd guess at least 5 patches.

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
TravisII
posted 04-08-14 08:20 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
Also, if I am not wrong, you can install Steam, and link your copy of AoW3 to it as a non-steam game (i.e. not every game in Steam has to have been bought from Steam) and then get the update that way.
No, if you link a non-steam bought game to steam, it will treat it as such, and thus not give updates for that game.

Here's what it says from Steam Support
This will only add a shortcut to your game in the Steam client. This will not allow you to download updates for your game through Steam nor allow you to use this game as proof of ownership for your Steam account. Only games purchased or registered through Steam can receive automatic updates and function as proof of ownership for a Steam account.

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
COCONUTKNIGHT
posted 04-09-14 07:11 AM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
My bad then.

Merkraad
posted 04-09-14 07:37 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
So... Yeah, Steam does offer some kind of perk over Gog.

Blog with some art
Sunicle
posted 04-09-14 12:21 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Check your GOG account, Merkraad, I just got version 1.09 coming in, you should have too.
sikbok
VIP
posted 04-09-14 12:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Hi everyone,

Yes, we just put patch 1.9 live on all platforms.

On GoG v.s. Steam.
Steam allows for very easy compilation of patches and switching between multiple branches of the game. That's why we plan to have beta version of patches - especially those intended to fix hardware specific issue - on Steam to see if they do what they should. Unfortunately doing thew same on GoG is much harder, both for us and the people over at GoG.

>>>Delete Yourself; You've got no chance to win<<<

Atari TeenAge Riot

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames