You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions
Moderated by Swolte, Enginerd, ChowGuy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions » sikbok - will the patch allow changing the mouse ?
Bottom
Topic Subject:sikbok - will the patch allow changing the mouse ?
you3
posted 04-02-14 06:48 AM EDT (US)         
sikbok is Triumph considering changing the mouse control (or adding an option) so that we can select with left and attack with left ?
AuthorReplies:
Merkraad
posted 04-02-14 08:13 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I'm getting used to right clicking but would love the option as well!

Artist, Sorcerer, Monk and AoW Series fan
Proud citizen of BRASIL \o/ |o/ \o| \o/ |o| /o/ \o/
Blog with some art
www.the-battlefield.com ex-member with fond memories:Battlefield Player of the year 2003;Battlefield Winner of 4 Tourneys;Battlefield Winner of AoW league 2004
Proud owner of an AoW SM poster signed by Devs!
Please try the fantastic BNW Mod made by my friend Kirky Picardo! The best AoW:SM Mod!
sikbok
VIP
posted 04-03-14 01:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Hi,

We've messed around with several control schemes. This is the one that worked best.
There's some subtle stuff that can go wrong if we implement what you suggest. So, it's not a matter of just rebinding.

I assume you are suggesting the scheme where right does everything and left deselects everything?

In our experience, the current control scheme takes some getting used to - about a week - but is the most efficient click-wise when playing.

>>>Delete Yourself; You've got no chance to win<<<

Atari TeenAge Riot

[This message has been edited by sikbok (edited 04-03-2014 @ 01:18 AM).]

you3
posted 04-03-14 07:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Actually left does everything and right deselect; but i would be happy with just select/[move/attack] with the left. It is PIA to click one button and then immediately click the other button and most of TBS games I play work left->left.
darkelvesrule
posted 04-03-14 10:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I think the control scheme works great. Except for the middle mouse button to rotate (in the tactical battles). If you could (additionally) hold down the shift key or something to rotate, that would be great.
TravisII
posted 04-04-14 08:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
While the mouse controls can certainly be gotten used to, it's screwing me all up, playing an AoWSM PBEM turn now. I keep right clicking when I should left click, or left clicking when I should right click.

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
ffbj
posted 04-04-14 01:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
The mouse clicking is not something that bothers me, but the target area sometimes becomes difficult to resolve, like it is not big enough. Also if you could set an orientation for viewing battles with default parameters you set would be nice.
Rest
posted 04-06-14 07:25 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Maybe change that you don't autoselect the units in a city when you click on an event in the event chain ?
PawelS
posted 04-11-14 01:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I think an option to bring back the AoW1/2/SM control scheme would be a good thing, for those who got used to the way it works in the previous games, as well as those who still play them.

There are still new games that use the left click to issue orders - Warlock 2 for example.

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames