You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions
Moderated by Swolte, Enginerd, ChowGuy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.58 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions » pre order?
Bottom
Topic Subject:pre order?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
you3
posted 02-26-14 12:34 PM EDT (US)         
For those who have played the beta can you comment if it is safe to pre order or if we world wait for reviews. ..

Also does the stream version use Amy of steam features such as library for easy install of fan made content or match making? I.e stream or gog?
AuthorReplies:
morgul666
posted 03-27-14 01:12 PM EDT (US)     51 / 58       
Elder scrolls online?? Them bastards!
They should rather concentrate on releasing a worthy sequel to the majestic Skyrim than releasing the 12723th online game
well... who cares... First things first - now itīs time for AOW III

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
TravisII
posted 03-27-14 11:08 PM EDT (US)     52 / 58       
Played ESO beta a good bit - didn't like it.

I had always hoped for a multiplayer ES, but not in MMO or Monthly Pay-to-Play form!

I have much more faith in AoW3

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
Alex Mars
posted 03-28-14 08:35 PM EDT (US)     53 / 58       
I'm not a TES fan, I played Skyrim to level 6 and that is it for my exposure to the series. I mainly play MMOs and strategy games and in this case I was looking for a new MMO and liked what I saw in the ESO beta.

I also prefer pay-to-play MMOs as I have found the quality to be better and I don't care to be bombarded with ads for the cash shop that supports a free-to-play game.
TravisII
posted 03-29-14 01:13 AM EDT (US)     54 / 58       
How about GW1/GW2? They're "pay once, play forever" and I found their quality to be excellent. I can't argue with the quality of a monthly pay to play game - they're getting quite a bit of money, it better be good! Completely free-to-play are the worst, they're hit and miss, usually miss.

Off topic at this point, but this thread will soon be irrelevant anyways!

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
sikbok
VIP
posted 03-29-14 04:46 AM EDT (US)     55 / 58       
Yes, only 3 more days of life in this.
After that, it's necro bait ; )>

>>>Delete Yourself; You've got no chance to win<<<

Atari TeenAge Riot

ChowGuy
HG Cherub
posted 03-29-14 06:13 AM EDT (US)     56 / 58       
[Siegfried] This is KAOS. We don't do that here.
naecO
posted 03-31-14 02:25 AM EDT (US)     57 / 58       
Last time I checked Triumph wasn't big on platform exclusive deals.

I was referring to the version numbers of the builds. Those might go slightly out of sync due to the way they handle updating.
Uhm.. and I thought the digital distributors were only releasing the "vanilla" version.. now they handle updates and stuff as well? That will absolutely lead to unfair developments among players on different (download) platforms. Just like games on different mobile OS, sometimes iOS players get updates sooner than Android players. Thus they are able to have access to newest contents etc... while Android players cannot

Technically, I'm not sure how it will play out on PC with different updates/patches released by different distributors. TS will probably send updates/patches to them at the same time but hard to tell if Steam and GOG will schedule to release updates at the same time/day. Will maps be compatible? Will there be incompatibilities among players for online games? How about (later) ongoing PBEM? Will it create conflicts like previously Aow when people with different resources (mods) play together on a map?

Wow! Maybe I am over worried, aren't I?!

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
ChowGuy
HG Cherub
posted 03-31-14 08:23 AM EDT (US)     58 / 58       
Wow! Maybe I am over worried, aren't I?!
I expect you are, since Sikbok was specifically referring to "build nombers" and not version or subversion numbers. FWIW, any time a developer does a compile and link (referred to as a "build") they should assign it a new build number for tracking purposes. We know the GoG download and the Steam download will need to be different builds - one has a Steam wrapper and one doesn't - but there's new reason to assume that the Game Content will be different. Nor is anything being said here about patches or post release update.

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames