You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions
Moderated by Swolte, Enginerd, ChowGuy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions » Seems like there isn't stacking.. why?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Seems like there isn't stacking.. why?
Sljusto
posted 02-07-13 06:33 AM EDT (US)         
Looking at the screens I'd say unit stacking is gone. I could argue that it was a good change for Civ but not for AoW, since combat in aow takes place in a separate field, in a non-stacked manner.

Looking at the shots, the whole map seems cluttered with units and if truly is no stacking than moving big armies will be a chore like none other.
AuthorReplies:
ckmtexas
posted 02-07-13 08:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I would be suprised if there isn't unit stacking. The screenshots could either be from "late" game where the various stacks are full (in past games you would get to the point where you have many many stacks of 8) or they seperated them to give us more to look at this in the intial screenshots.
Swolte
AOWH/AOW2H Seraph
posted 02-07-13 08:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Don't be too sure. Look at the numbers on the flags in the 'world-view'. On most of the screens its '1', but look here, for example.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Arnout
VIP
posted 02-07-13 08:49 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Units do stack (up to 6 unit per stack). The Adjacent Hexagon rule even still exists
IMPSOLARIVS
posted 02-07-13 09:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Only 6 per stack. But I see a lot of units in the battlefield. Maybe 1 stands for a formation or a legion?

Die Partei hat immer Recht.
Sljusto
posted 02-07-13 09:31 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
You are right it does appear they stack up to 6, but I don't know, maybe the zoom is too far in and things look out of proportion (In aow/aow2 a default camera would have a much bigger view of the map than the screenshots we have here).
PawelS
posted 02-07-13 09:32 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Yes, on the battlefield screenshots it's clearly visible that a unit can represent an entire squad of soldiers. I think it's a good idea, it brings back the MoM memories...

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 02-07-2013 @ 09:33 AM).]

COCONUTKNIGHT
posted 02-07-13 01:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Arnout, nice to see you and the other boys in blue again!

Question-why 6, and not 8?

Take an old, dirty, hungry, mangy, sick and wet dog and feed him and wash him and nurse him back to health, and he will never turn on you and bite you.

This is how man and dog differ.
vicbrother
posted 02-08-13 08:53 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
It would be cool, if we can see the troops in a stack on the global map. It needs smaller unit-models "only".
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames