You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions
Moderated by Swolte, Enginerd, ChowGuy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions » Top tips for new AoW3 players
Bottom
Topic Subject:Top tips for new AoW3 players
RogerRabid
(id: Roger the Rampant)
posted 09-07-17 05:07 AM EDT (US)         
So it came up on special offer at about Ģ6 including an expansion pack, so I decided to give it a try.

Any top tips for winning the campaign? I seem to be a female Elf...

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
AuthorReplies:
RogerRabid
posted 09-12-17 01:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Can't work out how to find the objectives of the campaign. Have sealed dark blue wizard and orange wizard down in the caverns. Pale blue wizard seems to have disappeared from map, but still has one town left which I have completely surrounded. If I take the town it says we have failed and the pale blue wizard has died. Frustrating. Maybe I need to restart this part of the campaign in order to discover what I have done wrong and what the objectives are, although that seems slightly absurd.

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
The Groll
posted 09-16-17 06:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Hello Roger!

How nice to see my old "enemy" again.
I remember some "interesting" discussions.
Sorry for being of topic now.
But itīs so nice to see you again after so many years.
I think we had a good relation in the end.
I remember you and there are no bad thoughts.
Nice you are back and alive. So sad so many left.
Today I play AoWSM again with my son.
He draw me back and maybe I will even go to the editor one day.
Itīs been so long ago we meet here.
Iīm happy.

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4 & 1.5 Team
RogerRabid
posted 09-17-17 03:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Hi!

** waves **

RogerRabid
posted 09-23-17 02:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Gave up on elf side of campaign as couldn't force second wizard into cavern prison, as mentioned in my earlier post. Tried the commonwealth side of the campaign and that also screwed up after a few episodes! So I've moved onto playing maps instead...

RogerRabid
posted 10-07-17 02:32 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Fairly easy to make gorgeous maps in the AoW3 editor, although custom items, custom heroes and custom leaders/wizards seem to have taken a big step backwards from AoW2.

Would there be any interest in an AoW3 PBEM map, or is nobody playing AoW3 by email these days?

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames