You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions
Moderated by Swolte, Enginerd, ChowGuy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW3: General Discussion & suggestions » Party skills
Bottom
Topic Subject:Party skills
Queen Jenny the Mediocre
(id: neo222)
posted 07-14-14 12:33 PM EDT (US)         
Party skills, i.e. skills which can be taken by your hero/leader when they level up that affects all of the units in their party.

My question is, what about when you have multiple stacks of units, led by a different hero? What happens then if you fight a battle with say 3 stacks, led by 3 heroes?

Do the party skills of each of the heroes count for every unit on the battlefield? Or do they only count for the units which are in their party, so theoretically you could have different units in the same battlefield affected by different party skills?

Or does only the party skills of the overall leader of the battle (which presumably is your leader if he's present, or the highest ranked hero if he or she isn't) have an effect?

I could move to a small town, and become a waitress...
AuthorReplies:
COCONUTKNIGHT
posted 07-14-14 12:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Party skills affect the stack only.

If you have 2 stacks, one of which has a leader with party skills, and the other which hasn't, then only 6 units benefit from that party skill.

Take an old, dirty, hungry, mangy, sick and wet dog and feed him and wash him and nurse him back to health, and he will never turn on you and bite you.

This is how man and dog differ.
Sunicle
posted 07-14-14 02:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
There can also only be one leader in a stack, so is a hero is not the leader in a stack his or her party buffs do nothing.

The player's leader is always stack leader, otherwise the hero with the highest level. I've read Triumph is planning to change this to making the unit with the most army buffs the leader.
Queen Jenny the Mediocre
posted 07-14-14 03:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
So I can have three stacks, with three different heroes with three different party skills, and in a battle, the units within each stack would have the party skills of the hero leading that particular stack? Ergo, you could have 6 units with one party skill, 6 with another, etc?

Just want to be 100% certain.

Sunicle
posted 07-18-14 02:01 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Yes, that's exactly how it works. Sorry for the late answer, I'm not checking this forum that often.
COCONUTKNIGHT
posted 07-18-14 04:06 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Yeah Sunicle has the right of it.

I *believe* that a proposed change is to let you pick the hero you want to be the stack leader, although that could lead to some min/max micromanagement.

Take an old, dirty, hungry, mangy, sick and wet dog and feed him and wash him and nurse him back to health, and he will never turn on you and bite you.

This is how man and dog differ.
Queen Jenny the Mediocre
posted 07-18-14 04:37 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Thanks!
Sorry for the late answer, I'm not checking this forum that often.
Well we're going to have to develop content so people, including yourself, are motivated to check it regularly!

#wewantAoWH3

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames