You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies
Moderated by Enginerd

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies » city defence - the stupid thing to do
Bottom
Topic Subject:city defence - the stupid thing to do
badman69mt
posted 03-24-02 07:39 PM EDT (US)         
Ok, i was playing the AI today, and it did the stupidest thing: it left a stack of units outside of the walls of their leader's city. I didnt even need brams, or drills, or flyers, just a powerful brute battlegroup. So, you newbies, dont make the same mistake. Leave units outside, and your leader's toast.

| To[x]icity | Acolyte Studios |
"Great spirits have always suffered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
AuthorReplies:
Shadowkiller
posted 04-08-02 10:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
The AI does that alot in both campaign and scenarios. It seems to think that numbers will win the battle...

I dont think the AI really takes into account the walls or terrain when deciding on fight or flight. Just numbers.

No-one leaves units adjacent, and outside off walls if they want to win!

Boarungg
posted 09-14-14 05:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
There is also one interesting action that can be performed with only 4-hex cities.
Suppose that there stays one stack of some units in one corner of a 4-hex city, then some other player moves his stack to the opposite corner.
What happens then?
There is no battle, because those opposite hexes aren't adjacent. However, the city is switched to a special mode. City action is paused until one of them leaves the city.

Also if the city is walled and one of the players attacks the other, battle begins inside walls.
Ramillies
posted 12-22-14 07:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
This one can happen in smaller cities as well, provided that you manage to persuade a whole hexful of defenders to join your cause. An example that actually happened to me: 3-hex frostling city with 2 groups of frostlings and one giant. Giant was in his own hex. I was playing highmen, so I could negotiate with the giant, bought his allegiance, and so I got the access to the town (i. e. the city went into "war mode").

Then I moved in and fought the frostlings, but from within the walls.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames