You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies
Moderated by Enginerd

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 General Discussion & Strategies » Any way to make the game harder?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Any way to make the game harder?
Paganini
posted 01-26-14 01:17 PM EDT (US)         
I've recently started playing AoW, and while there are some challenging scenarios in the campaign on hard difficulty, the scenarios are just way too easy. I haven't lost a single one yet, with all AI-s set to Emperor and leaders not on map.
Is there any way, maybe house rules, to make it harder? I'd really like to enjoy the scenarios, but steamrolling through them isn't really fun after a time.
AuthorReplies:
Damon Rellik
posted 01-26-14 01:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
http://aow.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3
If you can beat that 1 the only thing i can think of to make it harder is to try out a mod for the game like warlock rules.
But as in most games the AI is the limiting factor in solo gameplay so try a lan or pbem game with human opponents.
Kanibeos
posted 01-26-14 02:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Indeed, I think you will find play by email quite challenging. If you would like to try then I can set up a game or two.

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead
Thank you to TravisII for this great idea!
Paganini
posted 01-27-14 01:41 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Thank you for the tip. So far I've only played a bunch of maps that came with the game, not custom scenarios.
Kanibeos, good idea, I'll let you know after I'm through finals then
Kanibeos
posted 01-27-14 04:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Great, I'm ready when you are

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead
Paganini
posted 02-26-14 08:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Hi, sorry for the long wait. We can play now if you're still up to it
Kanibeos
posted 03-03-14 03:21 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Hi Paganini! Do you still want to play? In that case I'll set up a few games with you in them and some open spots for others to join. In that case I'll need your email address

Mac_Biodiesel
posted 03-19-14 01:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
You can change your style of play and impose arbitrary restrictions on yourself.

Examples:

-Play a map with all 12 races, but your own rule that you immediately declare war on EVERY race you encounter - no peace, no alliances, period.

-Try winning by building ONLY level 2 units.

-Use only one race. Migrate all cities/towns to this race, even if they are friendly to you.

-Play with Leaders Off, or if you do use Leaders On, do not customize your leader.

-Refuse to build archers.

-Set the CPU Emperor to "Aggressor".
ffbj
posted 03-20-14 07:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Play a couple of my scenarios on emperor.
Mac_Biodiesel
posted 03-21-14 09:01 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Links? I'm playing the Last Stand Before Destruction scenario right now (linked above). It's a lot of fun so far, and very challenging. It reminds me of another map called "The Bitterhorn", but I think it implements the feeling of a siege a little better, and it overall harder.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames